Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a good way to do this?

    Ideally, I'd like to avoid having to load the full sites, WAP would be MUCH quicker.

    Moviephone, Fandango?

    Thanks.

    -Mike
  2.    #2  
    Come on kids... someone must have a good way of doing this

    -M
  3. #3  
    I could be wrong but I don't think there is a wireless website that you can do this from. I used to hope and search for this as well. You can always call 1-800-Fandango.
  4. #4  
    I actually did this exact thing a few yrs ago (circa summer '00) via my Omnisky and Palm Vx. I think that was some function of the enhanced content portal deal that Omnisky had with various content providers. Haven't been able to buy tickets, tho, since that time...
  5. #5  
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by BustAGroove
    How about www.movietickets.com???
    Good work!

    I just found this is the FAQ


    Can I purchase movie tickets on my wireless phone or PDA?
    If you have a wireless device with Internet access and a WAP*-enabled browser, you can purchase movie tickets via the wap.movietickets.com wireless service. To access wap.movietickets.com, establish an Internet connection and open your wireless device browser, then key in wap.movietickets.com in the address or URL area. Save this address as a bookmark for future ease of purchasing tickets (please see your wireless device manual for instructions on how this is done). Once at wap.movietickets.com, go through the ticket purchasing process as you would on the Internet. wap.movietickets.com does not offer ticketing for every theater chain and offers ticketing for United States theaters only.

    *WAP - The "Wireless Application Protocol" is an open standard that allows users with wireless devices to access and interact with information and services.


    Plus, since they are partnered with moviephone.com... you can get tickets for most theaters.

    -Mike
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed


    Good work!

    I just found this is the FAQ
    Can I purchase movie tickets on my wireless phone or PDA?
    If you have a wireless device with Internet access and a WAP*-enabled browser, you can purchase movie tickets via the wap.movietickets.com wireless service.
    <<SNIP>>

    Plus, since they are partnered with moviephone.com... you can get tickets for most theaters.
    -Mike
    Sign up at www.moviewatcher.com to get free tickets, popcorn, etc. whenever you go to an AMC Theatre....They have partnered with www.movietickets.com and thereis no charge (unlike, FANDANGO) to order your tickets online. I believe that Fandango charges $2/per tix???

    I've been a MovieWatcher member for about 3.5 years. You would then take your MovieWatcher card to one of AMC Theatre's kiosks to print out your tickets.....no standing in line
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  8. #8  
    wap.movietickets.com is like 200k! I don't think it's wap optimized at all.
  9. #9  
    I got pretty excited about this before I went to the site. Now I'm not so excited. Here are my issues, maybe someone has a solution to one.

    1. wap.movietickets.com brings up the exact same site that www.movietickets.com brings up (which is a full-fledged website).
    - The site actually loads very fast on a desktop pc and not sooo bad on the Treo. It's still not a wap site though.
    - I know some sites will give you a different experience if you actually use a wap browser. Maybe this is one of them. Does anyone know of a wap browser for the T600?

    2. There is a very limited selection of theatres that you can buy tickets (outside of AMC theatres). Any suggestions? The AMC thatres by me are getting fairly old. They were built before stadium seating. I only go to these when I have to.

    Anyone know a different site? I feel there is hope now.
  10. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #10  
    Is it me, or is it functions like this that would make having a web-enabled smart phone more appealing to the mass market?

    One of the reasons people aren't paying premiums for phones like the Treo is that they don't really see the need to have web access on the road.

    Now, if I could show people a scenario
    where a group was out for dinner on a Friday night, and then decided to go to the movies after the fact. One person in the group whips out the Treo, pulls up a web site, finds all the showtimes in the area, plus buys tickets right there, thus avoiding the Friday night line of moviegoers, I'd have an instant sale on my hands.

    This seems to me to be an excellent business opportunity for sites like Fandango and Moviefone, as well as companies like PalmOne, and yet they're dropping the ball big time.

    The device is there. The information is out there, waiting to be capitalized on, but the companies still, after all these years, haven't gotten their acts together on the user interface. How hard can it be to code a site for a PDA?

    The experience on wap.movietickets.com is klunky at best.

    This kind of convenience, if it were to be smoothed out, is the driving force for the Treo's existence. No wonder Handspring can't sell as many of them as they would like.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  11. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #11  
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    I got pretty excited about this before I went to the site. Now I'm not so excited. Here are my issues, maybe someone has a solution to one.

    1. wap.movietickets.com brings up the exact same site that www.movietickets.com brings up (which is a full-fledged website).
    - The site actually loads very fast on a desktop pc and not sooo bad on the Treo. It's still not a wap site though.
    - I know some sites will give you a different experience if you actually use a wap browser. Maybe this is one of them. Does anyone know of a wap browser for the T600?

    2. There is a very limited selection of theatres that you can buy tickets (outside of AMC theatres). Any suggestions? The AMC thatres by me are getting fairly old. They were built before stadium seating. I only go to these when I have to.

    Anyone know a different site? I feel there is hope now.
    You're right. I tried this site on my little phone with it's WAP browser and it worked fine. Just text. Simple menus. Somehow you need the site to think the treo is a wap device.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  12. #12  
    Works like a charm on my 270...fast loading, text/links only (except a small b/w logo at the home page)
  13. #13  
    Chances are the site hasn't added the user agent of the new Blazer browser to their list that should get the WAP site. Paypal needs to do this as well, because looking at regular web sites on the Treo, while possible, sucks because of having to scroll so much.

    - Mike
  14. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #14  
    Originally posted by mrjoec
    Is it me, or is it functions like this that would make having a web-enabled smart phone more appealing to the mass market?

    One of the reasons people aren't paying premiums for phones like the Treo is that they don't really see the need to have web access on the road.

    Now, if I could show people a scenario
    where a group was out for dinner on a Friday night, and then decided to go to the movies after the fact. One person in the group whips out the Treo, pulls up a web site, finds all the showtimes in the area, plus buys tickets right there, thus avoiding the Friday night line of moviegoers, I'd have an instant sale on my hands.

    This seems to me to be an excellent business opportunity for sites like Fandango and Moviefone, as well as companies like PalmOne, and yet they're dropping the ball big time.

    The device is there. The information is out there, waiting to be capitalized on, but the companies still, after all these years, haven't gotten their acts together on the user interface. How hard can it be to code a site for a PDA?

    The experience on wap.movietickets.com is klunky at best.

    This kind of convenience, if it were to be smoothed out, is the driving force for the Treo's existence. No wonder Handspring can't sell as many of them as they would like.
    Indeed. I use Vindigo all the time. It's great for finding places to go and movies to watch when either in my own city or while on the road. I think if Vindigo were to make this available, it would not only make the Treo 600 more "consumer friendly" but also help Vindigo make some extra $$$.

    Just my .02 cents.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre

Posting Permissions