1.    #1  
    Sitting with a friend at a coffee shop we were compairing phones. Mine (of course) Treo 600, his the T-Mobil Danger Hiptop swivel screen thingy. The hiptop is a pretty nifty phone, but not for me.

On to the question.

He just downloaded a "Mooing" ringer. I was wondering if we have the ability to do the same thing? Mooing, barking, duck quacks, etc...? Heck! I would like my phone to say "ANSWER THE PHONE!"

Anyone know?
    Finally my phone looks like a phone and not a garage door opener!
    If you want "Moo", buy a cow or slap a piece of steak in your pocket.
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by speedy_j

Right! Good comeback! Very witty! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! <wipes tears from eyes> But seriously, does anyone else know if these sound bytes can be used as ringers?
    Finally my phone looks like a phone and not a garage door opener!
    You can wait until the cows come home and but your phone will not moo.
    Originally posted by FriendlyBandit

Right! Good comeback! Very witty! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! <wipes tears from eyes> But seriously, does anyone else know if these sound bytes can be used as ringers?
    Sure... if its a MIDI file.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by FriendlyBandit

Over at Treo 600 Essentials and he'll find one for you, probably.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by speedy_j
    No need to be a jerk

Yes, you can load custom ring tones that make any sound. Search the archives...
    as I understand you can play MIDI files but not sound samples for the ringtone on a 600 so the simple, sensible answer you are after is no, you can't do it. Not yet anyway
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i don't know if the file is compatible with the treo 600, but you might be able to convert it or something.

my samsung a620 'moos' when i get a notification. i got the file from www.myphonefiles.com. go to the 'animals' category, and look for the animal sound that you want.

recognizable animal sounds seem to be really funny to everyone around you when it sounds off. nothing like forgetting to turn down the ringer in class, and getting a 'MOOOOOO' in the middle of lecture.

t
    I get where you are coming from. I used to have the old communicator whistle from the old Star Trek on my Kyocera 6036. It was very cool to be able to add regular sounds to alarms and ringers.

However, as it has been said many times on this forum, and a few times on this thread, the 600 does not support anything but midi's and regular sounds can not be converted to midis.

Note to developers and palm hacks: many people would be willing to pay a few bucks for an app that would allow MP3s and Wavs to be used as ringers and alarms.
    Your phone can not moo without addon software. Treo uses MIDI, which consists of 128 standard sounds, and there isnt a cow sound in there.

Your best bet is that someone comes out with an addon software to replace the ringer.