Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. PurpleK
    http://computertimes.asia1.com.sg/re...,1585,00.html?
    The very first published shoot out between the big PDAphone units.

A quick overview between P900, XDAII and treo600.
    P900 wins handily in most quick impression categories while treo didn't pick a win any.

Apparently reviewer in the far east isn't as gushy as Bweek and WSJ when it comes to treo600.
    I must agree with most of the review, BUT this user is clearly a "Wow" user. I have had the T6 for over a month and were I agree with it's short comings I must say to this day no other can beat the battery life, email capabilities, and the general compatibility with all the PALM programs out there. The keyboard is the clear decider for me. I never thought I would like it as much as I have. Donít get me wrong IF SPCS ended up with a version of the P900 I would try it out as well, but I willing to bet in the day to day usability the T6 canít be beat (Yet)
    If you're looking to pick fights in a community that it quite obviously treo centric, it would be nice if you would learn to use the English langauge correctly. What are you in, the second grade? In case you haven't caught on, none of us here really care what you or other people think about the T600. What matters is the fact that we like it Point out all the negative reviews, comparisons, whatever you like. Their great - I enjoy reading them. Bottom line is that I wouldn't trade this phone in for anything else out there right now.
  4. purpleXXY
    Originally posted by PurpleK
    http://computertimes.asia1.com.sg/re...,1585,00.html?
    The very first published shoot out between the big PDAphone units.

quick overview between P900, XDAII and treo600.
    P900 winshandility in most quick impression categories while treo didn't pick a win any.

Apparently reviewer in the far east isn't as gushy as Bweek and WSJ when it come to treo600.

Ska, you're unbelievable! Year after year you manage to keep hooking the trollees so easily.

But someday they'll eventually figure out that you'll go away if they stop taking your bait.
  5. purpleXXY
    Originally posted by creighton
    If you're looking to pick fights in a community that it quite obviously treo centric, it would be nice if you would learn to use the English langauge correctly. What are you in, the second grade? In case you haven't caught on, none of us here really care what you or other people think about the T600. What matters is the fact that we like it Point out all the negative reviews, comparisons, whatever you like. Their great - I enjoy reading them. Bottom line is that I wouldn't trade this phone in for anything else out there right now.
    Spoken like an arrogant arse. English is not the only language in the world, so don't jump all over people who don't speak English natively. Could you post in French? Spanish? German? Latin? Chill out.

Ska/purpleX at least serves the purpose of giving another (albeit twisted) point of view here. You contradict yourself re: whether or not you want to see other opinions, but I'm glad this link was posted - I would never have come across it otherwise.
  6. purpleYYX
    Well it is refreshing to finally read something outside the NY publishing circuit. And not surprisingly treo doesn't even get the slightest nod. I wonder if the Palmone Singapore office will get a call because of this article.

I am always suspicious on vague impresionistic reviews, the type dishes out by PCweek, WSJ, and the like. How pre-Google.
    Originally posted by purpleXXY

Spoken like an arrogant arse. English is not the only language in the world, so don't jump all over people who don't speak English natively. Could you post in French? Spanish? German? Latin? Chill out.

Ska/purpleX at least serves the purpose of giving another (albeit twisted) point of view here. You contradict yourself re: whether or not you want to see other opinions, but I'm glad this link was posted - I would never have come across it otherwise.
    English may not be the only language but this is an ENGLISH speaking forum. "arse" - I take it you're from the U.K.? And on the bandwagon of the world thinking that most americans are arrogant? Are we arrogant because we choose to speak english in this country or because we are the most powerful country in the world and have the mightiest ****ing military out there -- all volunteers!

NB
    U.S. Air Force

Lovin my Treo600 no matter what anyone thinks

BTW, Please don't reply with another arrogant arse speaking...because that **it is old.
  8. purpleYYX
    ...mmm testosterone overload night?

PS. it's not going to be volunteer for long my dear. Rummy has reactivated the draft office.
    Originally posted by purpleYYX
    ...mmm testosterone overload night?
    nah, not really. Just kicking back reading this forum while listening to an old halloween CD, the track is "One eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater"
    Originally posted by purpleYYX PS. it's not going to be volunteer for long my dear. Rummy has reactivated the draft office.
    Draft office? You on crack? How about calling up the ready reserve...last I checked, they are volunteers too.
    Originally posted by creighton
    ...it would be nice if you would learn to use the English langauge correctly....Their great....
    you can use an english lesson too - try they're or they are not their
  11. purpleYYX
    // Draft office? You on crack? How about calling up the ready reserve...last I checked, they are volunteers too. //

It's not sustainable without draft even after using all the reserve. The current pattern is not strechable to 3-5 yrs medium conflict or 1-2 years heavy. The next 3-6 months will be telling, but who knows...
    I love reading your treo-doomsday posts, purp,..... its truly funny! its like you are doing battle with the ever-evil treo 600.
    lol. purplex and her quest to sink the treo 600!! (a children's story) its great! you drool on insulting people, downplaying handspring, propping ppcs, pointing out flaws..... its hilarious. I don't know.... maybe its me... buts its a very odd individual who lives to stir up negativity in a forum where she is not liked. very peculiar. the only reasons a person would continually do this day in and day out, would be if she hates her target, OR is inwardly jealous of or in secret admiration of it. I know people like you, and that's why you are so funny to read!!!! lol. continue posting purp baby,,, it sure is amusing!!!!
    It's not sustainable without draft even after using all the reserve. The current pattern is not strechable to 3-5 yrs medium conflict or 1-2 years heavy. The next 3-6 months will be telling, but who knows...
    Wow! In addition to being the resident expert in all things techie, you're also a military analyst. Rummy must have put alot of trust in you when he let you know how many members are in the ready reserve.

Stick to talking about POS, Symbian, PPC, etc.

The Ready Reserve is authorized a maximum strength of 2,900,000 according to 10 USC 10142. I doubt it would take more than 2-3% of that amount for sustainment purposes.

Thanks for the analysis though Brigadier General PurpleA-Z.
    BLAA!!!! purple-noodle had to find an article published half way around the world to Singapore to finally find a less than steller review of the Treo600. That's alright though...no one's perfect and if I were PalmOne, I'ld take 1 milllion postive reviews to one bad one any day!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. purpleYYX
    well at least we know you are not the analyst.
    well at least we know you are not the analyst.
    Nice comeback...must be proud of that one.
  17. purpleA
    Originally posted by baguion

English may not be the only language but this is an ENGLISH speaking forum. "arse" - I take it you're from the U.K.? And on the bandwagon of the world thinking that most americans are arrogant? Are we arrogant because we choose to speak english in this country or because we are the most powerful country in the world and have the mightiest ****ing military out there -- all volunteers!

NB
    U.S. Air Force

Lovin my Treo600 no matter what anyone thinks

BTW, Please don't reply with another arrogant arse speaking...because that **it is old.

People like you give humans a bad name. The point of this forum is for Treo users around the world to share their experiences and learn from each other. Your primitive attempts at chest-thumping have managed to reinforce the "Ugly American" stereotype. Congratulations.

Are you trying to compensate for something? Something small ?
  18. purpleA
    Originally posted by drrjv

you can use an english lesson too - try they're or they are not their
    Somehow I think the irony will be lost on Ms. Creighton.
  19. purpleA
    Originally posted by baguion
    Wow! In addition to being the resident expert in all things techie, you're also a military analyst. Rummy must have put alot of trust in you when he let you know how many members are in the ready reserve.

Stick to talking about POS, Symbian, PPC, etc.

The Ready Reserve is authorized a maximum strength of 2,900,000 according to 10 USC 10142. I doubt it would take more than 2-3% of that amount for sustainment purposes.

Thanks for the analysis though Brigadier General PurpleA-Z.
    I hope that steaming pile of feces that fills your cranium will eventually get a clue and leave the knee jerk jingoism off this discussion board. Thank you.
    Originally posted by purpleA

People like you give humans a bad name. The point of this forum is for Treo users around the world to share their experiences and learn from each other. Your primitive attempts at chest-thumping have managed to reinforce the "Ugly American" stereotype. Congratulations.

Are you trying to compensate for something? Something small ?
    Okay ska I think I understand now...you hate everything Treo and America!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast