Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I read the review and he's wrong. The Windoz unit has no keyboard - a big minus factor. As far as a program to play music - what if I didn't want one? Who really cares. Low resolution? Oh well, it suits me very well. I also need a decent battery life. Blue Tooth? I have no cavaties and have no need for BT. I didn't buy the Treo 600 for its camera - used it twice. As for colors - there are no games on my Treo. Not a one. So the number of colors - just not that big of a deal.

The 600 suits me very well.

Ben

Originally posted by PurpleK
    http://computertimes.asia1.com.sg/re...,1585,00.html?
    The very first published shoot out between the big PDAphone units.

A quick overview between P900, XDAII and treo600.
    P900 wins handily in most quick impression categories while treo didn't pick a win any.

Apparently reviewer in the far east isn't as gushy as Bweek and WSJ when it comes to treo600.
  2. purpleA
    So yet again, a couple of suckers bit on the troll bait, got into a pis*ing contest and lost their dignity arguing a pointless topic.

For those keeping score over the past couple years, it's now:

Ska - 537
    Treocentral BaitChompers - 0

Don't be a sucker. Read the baiting posts, have a laugh, and MOVE ON. Don't post a reply.
    ugly americans, compensating for something small..... you absolutely slay me purp, baby!!!
    you know, I would love to see a pic of little purp-girl, I think we'd all find her posts to be much less provocative and having more reasons to feel a little sorry for her, bc from the content of her posts, she appears to be quite a feisty, bitter and unhappy little girl, doesn't she? oh well, its a shame. but still, I've got to laugh at this!!!!
    Originally posted by purpleA

Don't be a sucker. Read the baiting posts, have a laugh, and MOVE ON. Don't post a reply.
    You know, I wish people would do that with your threads purple clones.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. purpleA
    Originally posted by brian kaye
    you know, I would love to see a pic of little purp-girl, I think we'd all find her posts to be much less provocative and having more reasons to feel a little sorry for her, bc from the content of her posts, she appears to be quite a feisty, bitter and unhappy little girl, doesn't she

Here you go. Keep your hands on the keyboard!

Ms. Purple
    feisty, just like we're used to...keep me laughing ....
    I had to post on an aforementioned issue in this topic.

I'm not a military expert.

Just someone who has ACTUALLY served, and is currently finishing out my tour on Individual Ready Reserve Status in the United States Marine Corps.

We are not the greatest military in the world. There is no such title. If major combat takes place in the mountains of Asia, the best suited military force would be the elite Indian Guard (whose name escapes me for the moment). They are UNBELIEVABLY fierce fighters, and are used to the terrain and thin air at that altitude.

If major combat takes the form of guerilla warfare, with fanatical combatants who do not care whether they live or die, then Al Queda has already proved to be more than a formidible opponent.

That said, we do have the best resources in the world. But that doesn't guarantee success. The other 50 percent of victory would be in how we exercise those resources. Case in point, we knew about the 9-11 hijackers because of our extensive resources, but failed to stop them because our execution of those resources was terribly poor.

And as far as our Military being "unsustainable?" Give me a break. More bodies doesn't mean anything except more cannon fodder! I'd gladly take one fire team of Marines, and could easily annihilate an entire platoon of Purple-whatever-you-are.

Volunteers make better combatants than draftees 95% of the time. The United States Army did a study in World War II that showed that draftees discharged their weapons fewer than 10% of the time that volunteers did.

FORCE fifty purples to go through the same boot camp I did VOLUNTARILY, and, if they even make it through boot camp, one squad of volunteer Marines would still turn them to dust.

Bottom Line: Post whatever you want. Just remember to be GRATEFUL to those who put their lives on the line, and to those who have given their lives, so that you can do so. And two days after Veteran's Day, common decency tictates that you should have a little more tact, and try not to speak about things you have absolutely no knowledge about. Of all the trolling you've ever done, this is the worst.

It's true what we say. Those who have fought for freedom have an appreciation for it that those who have not will never know.

Oh yeah, is this whole purple thing coming off as a little out of hand to anyone else?
  8. purpleA
    Originally posted by purpleYYX
    Well it is refreshing to finally read something outside the NY publishing circuit. And not surprisingly treo doesn't even get the slightest nod. I wonder if the Palmone Singapore office will get a call because of this article.

I am always suspicious on vague impresionistic reviews, the type dishes out by PCweek, WSJ, and the like. How pre-Google.

Now you're getting a little out of control, Ska. Too many personalities introduced too quickly. Now where is purpleX? Can you do purpleX for me?

The story of purpleX/Ska/Hoplites/blueBlade/BlueAnon
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    No question Treo 600 is the winner.

However, it is 100% obvious to me that if they gave it a 320 x 320 it would have been the winner under any possible review!

And it would be so easy to do. At least let people decide. Come up with a hi res version, let's say it cuts battery to half, I'd still jump to it right away!

Once the Treo goes to 320 x 320 it will be the perfect device. All improvements after that will be "evolutionary" not revolutionary.

One cannot go down the street with a XDA or 900 while dialing away and doing PDA stuff. Only the Treo has the magic one handed operation.

But that screen, while bright and proud, we all agree has to be hi res.

Donna! Donna! Please!
    Originally posted by creighton
    If you're looking to pick fights in a community that it quite obviously treo centric, it would be nice if you would learn to use the English langauge correctly. What are you in, the second grade? In case you haven't caught on, none of us here really care what you or other people think about the T600. What matters is the fact that we like it Point out all the negative reviews, comparisons, whatever you like.
    It would be very easy for the Handspring team to sit back and bask in all the glowing press they've received here in Europe and the US.

However it does them good for reviewers to occasionaly pour scorn on the 'Crap' camera, lack of Bluetooth and poor quality, low resolution screen. These are all major shortcomings and in a shoot out with the more polished and capable offerings from Sony and HTC I think HS got off lightly.

Will I return my Treo 600 before the 14 day trial period is over? probably not

Gabriel
    Originally posted by creighton
    If you're looking to pick fights in a community that it quite obviously treo centric, it would be nice if you would learn to use the English langauge correctly. What are you in, the second grade? In case you haven't caught on, none of us here really care what you or other people think about the T600. What matters is the fact that we like it Point out all the negative reviews, comparisons, whatever you like. Their great - I enjoy reading them. Bottom line is that I wouldn't trade this phone in for anything else out there right now.
    I might remind you that this is a discussion group. People are entitled to their own opinions. If you feel offended, simply ignore the post.

And don't assume that everyone's English is 'as great' as yours or that a person is indeed from an English speaking country. People from other countries should be encouraged to contribute to this forum without being made to feel like they're a non-entity.
    www.gsmworld.com
    > ...I read the review and he's wrong. The Windoz unit has no
    > keyboard - a big minus factor...

He considered the TREO 600 keyboard a minus factor.

That is, the ONE redeeming feature of the TREO 600 over other "smartphones" (whatever the hell that means) is considered a negative instead of a positive by some (quite a few, actually) reviewers.
    Actually, the review states that you would be better off with 2 tin cans and a long piece of string. And for pictures you need a cardboard oatmeal box which you punch a pinhole in. And for music you have to hum to yourself. And for email you need to walk to the post office. And for internet....walk to the library.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Where is the rational thought in this discussion. In reading the review I found I liked a lot of things about the Sony Ericsson P900. However, I couldn't quickly find if it is available in the US. It seems European only. I also wonder how breakable is the fancy keyboard? I wish my treo could take movies and had a better camera.

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Purple, my least favorite color.
    Originally posted by hlazar
    Where is the rational thought in this discussion. In reading the review I found I liked a lot of things about the Sony Ericsson P900. However, I couldn't quickly find if it is available in the US. It seems European only. I also wonder how breakable is the fancy keyboard? I wish my treo could take movies and had a better camera.

www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    I've played with a P900 and it is a great machine but I know what you're saying. That fold out keypad does look and feel quite flimsy.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I want more purple pictures!
    Serving those who have served Honorably. Marine For Life www.m4l.usmc.mil
    Originally posted by purpleA

Here you go. Keep your hands on the keyboard!

Ms. Purple
    A foto of a babe. Great shot from your Treo 600!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  19. purpleA
    Originally posted by Top_S
    I want more purple pictures!

Ms. Purple, part 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12