1.    #1  
    Well I just got my first bill after receiving my T600 from Sprint. What a shock. Thank goodness at least they didnt have it as talktime.

I have been billed for two phones. They had sent me a 2nd when the first didn't provision and I returned it the same day. This of course was two weeks ago and it is still on the bill. They didn't give me a nickle of the $300 credit promised me for my new Treo.

So, I guess I will be spending the better part of tommorow on the phone with the billing dept to try to straighten this all out. After reading this board, why does this not surprise me.

GO MARLINS!!!!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    This has been my greatest fear since activation. Sprint never seems to get it right the first time. I should be getting my bill soon as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck man!
    Over $1300, ordered two T600s, sent one back mid-Oct. Sprint has not received the one from mid-Oct. UPS (which Sprint uses and which Sprint sent me the return packaging for including label) lost the package...though they said they found it (it's label fell off) and sent it out last night (tracking number is still showing as invalid)....

Now I'm trying to get Sprint to work with UPS (their selected return carrier) to ensure I'm credited the $600+tax. Oh, Sprint also said I may be held liable since it wasn't returned within the 14-day period even though it is their selected return carrier's fault...

Disaster...

Matt
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    Over $1300, ordered two T600s, sent one back mid-Oct. Sprint has not received the one from mid-Oct. UPS (which Sprint uses and which Sprint sent me the return packaging for including label) lost the package...though they said they found it (it's label fell off) and sent it out last night (tracking number is still showing as invalid)....

Now I'm trying to get Sprint to work with UPS (their selected return carrier) to ensure I'm credited the $600+tax. Oh, Sprint also said I may be held liable since it wasn't returned within the 14-day period even though it is their selected return carrier's fault...

Disaster...

Matt
    You are the 1,000,000th person to get screwed over by Sprint's ordering system.

Your best bet (for both of you who are getting screwed) is to call Sprint's Executive Services department using the phone number on my site's phone number's section.

You (hopefully) will get a dedicated rep (with an actual phone number) to be able to resolve these total screw-ups as quickly as possible...
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    I guess I was one of the few that didn't get a billing issue with Sprint.

I was one of the ones that was able to return my Treo 300 (with a damaged hinge) and get a Treo 600 when it was first released by Sprint.

That first phone died 5 days later, and I had to get a replacement 600 sent out.

So, my bill had 2 Treo 600's charged at $599, a credit for $599, and a credit for $399 covering the returns of the 600 and a 300.

What got me going though, was that when the 1st 600 was failing, it would only connect via digital roam for calls. One digital roam call set me back $18!!!

Given the "fun" I had with CSR's and in the local store when the first phone was dying - it's about time I got a break.
    Originally posted by Athos
    What got me going though, was that when the 1st 600 was failing, it would only connect via digital roam for calls. One digital roam call set me back $18!!!
    I've said this ~10,000 times, but here it goes again

The minute you get a phone, take it into your local Sprint Store and have an HP Test run on it. 1/4 of all the Sprint phones I have owned turned out to be defective! It's free, and will result in an immediate warranty replacement (if the phone fails the test).

That said, the Treo 600 appears to have a chronic HP Test failure rate, though it is too soon to tell how bad...
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by hatoncat

I've said this ~10,000 times, but here it goes again

The minute you get a phone, take it into your local Sprint Store and have an HP Test run on it. 1/4 of all the Sprint phones I have owned turned out to be defective! It's free, and will result in an immediate warranty replacement (if the phone fails the test).

That said, the Treo 600 appears to have a chronic HP Test failure rate, though it is too soon to tell how bad...
    My question though is what if my T600 fails this HP test and I bought it from Handspring?

I'm still waiting for my "Order Received" status to change so I have a little while to plan this sort of thing.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeK2

My question though is what if my T600 fails this HP test and I bought it from Handspring?

I'm still waiting for my "Order Received" status to change so I have a little while to plan this sort of thing.

Mike
    Sprint will replace the Treo 600 for you reguardless of where you purchased it. Sprint then facilitates the warranty replacement between Sprint and Handspring, so you don't have be bothered (and it is a big bother - trust me, I've done it the hard way).

In other words, it doesn't matter, as long as the phone was first activated less than a year ago.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    I was instructed by customer support to take my Treo 600 into a local sprint store for diagnostics. The store says that the phone is too new, so they can't run any tests on it.

So hatoncat, how am I supposed to do this HP test? And how would you know it chronically fails if it can't even be run?
    Hatoncat,

Yeah, I called the executive number yesterday and had a helpful person. She was going to have the original Sprint salesperson credit my account and I was to receive a phone call yesterday when it was complete.

Did I get a phone call? Nope. Is it credited when I look online? Nope.

Matt
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    I was instructed by customer support to take my Treo 600 into a local sprint store for diagnostics. The store says that the phone is too new, so they can't run any tests on it.

So hatoncat, how am I supposed to do this HP test? And how would you know it chronically fails if it can't even be run?
    Hold your arrows, I know far more about Sprint then you would ever want to know...

The HP Test machine is a box. You drop the phone in the box, and the tester essentially hits the Go button. There is nothing new needed or different that prevents a Treo 600 from being tested in the same machine and equipment that can test a Treo 300.

The problem probably is that you are in an affiliate market. Affiliate markets did not comply with Sprint's request to stock their Sprint Stores with 3G/Vision-compatible HP Test units. Thus, those stores cannot test any Vision phone.

So, if they are an affiliate store, they are correct in saying that it cannot be tested by them, buy lying when saying that it is because the Treo 600 is a new device.

You have two choices:

1) Most affiliate markets will let you ship the phone to their headquarters to be tested by the one 3G HP Test unit they have. This process almost always takes 14 days (personal experience - your affiliate may take less or more time).

2) Go to a corporate store. My nearest one is a five hour round-trip drive. I will be going there tomorrow to have my Treo 600 HP Tested.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    Hatoncat,

Yeah, I called the executive number yesterday and had a helpful person. She was going to have the original Sprint salesperson credit my account and I was to receive a phone call yesterday when it was complete.

Did I get a phone call? Nope. Is it credited when I look online? Nope.

Matt
    Make sure, for any major problem, that you record the name, and login ID of everyone you talk to. It will make it very easy to prove your case.

Best thing you can do is just keep calling after that. Yes, it afwul. Yes, it is the worst thing about Sprint.
    ChristopherPrice.net