1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a T600 compatible headset besides the included one that has an answer button?
    Lots and lots of them!! Any cellular headset/earbud with two rings on the 2.5mm plug (NOT three rings, like for the 300) will work fine.
    The Plantronics MX-153 (no additional qualified like -N1 or -N2) *should* work. It lists being compatible with the Motorola V60, which is a standard 2.5mm universal jack.

I ordered an MX-150 (which does not have an answer/end button) and it works fine with the V60...

My Treo 600 is arriving today, and the MX-153 is arriving on Friday...hopefully this will work.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by westjohnson
    The Plantronics MX-153 (no additional qualified like -N1 or -N2) *should* work. It lists being compatible with the Motorola V60, which is a standard 2.5mm universal jack.

I ordered an MX-150 (which does not have an answer/end button) and it works fine with the V60...

My Treo 600 is arriving today, and the MX-153 is arriving on Friday...hopefully this will work.
    Greetings Westjohnson.

Can you let me know if your MX-153 works. Mine did but, now doesn't. I'm planning on taking it back but wanted to know if others had the same problems.

Thanks.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    While we are on the topic of the headset that comes with the Treo600, did anyone else's work correctly? I am not trying to refer to the quality of the thing (which was possibly about as low as they could get).

Mine cuts in and out when I wiggle the wire near the plug - just like a pair of old, worn out head phones.

I called up HS and they were supposed to send me a new set (swap out), but instead they sent me a pair of the stereo headphones for listening to music. Those are quite nice but impossible to use for the phone.

So I have another call into them. A "manager" is supposedly calling me back tomorrow about this.

Anyway, back to the original point - has anyone else had this issue?
    yep.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by krock

Mine cuts in and out when I wiggle the wire near the plug - just like a pair of old, worn out head phones.

Anyway, back to the original point - has anyone else had this issue?
    Indeed. I had the same issue. Not only would they cut in and out, if I moved my head to look out the window, it would hang up the call. That was a major pain. That problem is what led me to purchase the Plantronics MX-153.

Can you advise of the conversation w/HS? I would like to return the defective headset too & Sprint doesn't have any Treo 600's to give me a new headset.

For those wondering. I like to have one headset for the car and the other for when I travel.

Cheers and thanks!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Oh, well. It was worth a shot. The MX-153 headset works great, but the answer/end button does not work...I wonder what is different between the wiring of it's button versus the Handspring one.

I like headsets with a boom mic. I really liked the Plantronics M143 (Nokia compatible) that I used with my 270.

Regarding the Handspring headsets, I find that the relative volume that is produced by those is unacceptable...even with the volume cranked up, I can't hear (this was true of the 270 and the 600). With Plantronics, I rarely go past mid-way.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    It looks like Seido now has a stereo headphone/microphone combo for the Treo. Here is the url: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=HMESVOT-SL

Has anyone tried it or know how well it works?
    Jeff
    I've tried quite a few headsets for the Treo 600. Here is a run down of what I have found.

The Belkin models work well. I have used two boom models
    F8V920-AFM
    F8V920-STB

My biggest gripe is the quality of the sound. The sound is good and acceptable but not nearly the quality of a Plantronics headset.

Saying that, I have tried the Plantronics headset M205 and it works very well and the sound is great on send and receive.

However, it uses a mute and volume button on the wire that are useless. I was surprised to see that when wearing the headset, I had to remove the Treo from the case to answer it. (that kinda defeats the purpose of the headset). Why they do not have an answer button on the wire is a mystery to me.

One other thing about the Plantronics. The plug has a rubber cover that is slightly oversized. For it to be used properly in the Treo 600 you will need to use your Dremel Tool and remove a small amount of the rubber from the plug to allow it to insert securely into the Treo's recessed hole.

Plantronics seems to only be interested in supplying headset for Nokia so a call to them with this issue did not seem to go anywhere.

Hope someone finds the perfect headset soon.

Dave
    Originally posted by 7zero

Can you advise of the conversation w/HS? I would like to return the defective headset too & Sprint doesn't have any Treo 600's to give me a new headset.

That is correct about Sprint not having the part to replace, so no need to try them by phone or store. HS is now sending me the headphone (again) with RMA instructions for the stereo headphones. We shall see what I get this time.
    yep.
    I ordered the upgrade headset (earbud) from Handspring. $14.95 I think. Works great, has a hangup button, no jack or plug issues. My only gripe is with the friggin' headset plug being on the bottom of the phone . A major PITA when carrying phone in my scrubs and trying to talk via the earbud.
    Originally posted by jglev
    It looks like Seido now has a stereo headphone/microphone combo for the Treo. Here is the url: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=HMESVOT-SL

Has anyone tried it or know how well it works?
    I just ordered it...

Sure took lomg enough for someone to come out with a stereo headset that also answers the phone!!

Mike
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Samsung makes a great earbud w/ button for $20 @ CompUSA
    I ordered Hands Free ear bud with coiled cord from Seidio. It is great.

It has gold-plated mini plug, answer/end button and the most important, coiled cord. The audio quality is great, the one I like most is coiled cord. No more wrestling with tangled cords. It is $ 10.95. worth every penny.

www.seidioonline.com
    I wish that Treo Helper could be configured to work with the 600 and the Answer/End button could once again dial a number for you.

It was so nice being able to press that button and have the phone automatically dial Sprint Voice Connect....made things much safer on the road.

BTW, after trying to live with the standard headset for the past week...I give up it's sound quality is just horrible. How can you sell a $600 phone and include a .25 headset and no mail client.

...ken
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

I just ordered it...

Sure took lomg enough for someone to come out with a stereo headset that also answers the phone!!

Mike
    Hey Mike,

Keep us posted! I am anxious to hear about it.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

I just ordered it...

Mike
    I agree, and ready to order. Sorry if this sounds dumb but what does it mean by "Over the neck design"?
    And how far away is the mic?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    I wish that Treo Helper could be configured to work with the 600 and the Answer/End button could once again dial a number for you.
    I have a Cingular Treo 600 on order. I'm just waiting so that I can determine the button modifiers value because they are not documented, and they aren't the same as the older devices. Could figure them out by trial and error, but I tried it twice and it was no go. Same goes with the ringtones, for whatever reason they are not working either.