Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are the best applications that you use and the most ingenious uses that you have found for your Treo?

Let's share our tales of pushing the envelope - 'cause others might want to piggyback on our success...

My 4 "killer apps":

1. Shoutcast via Pocket Tunes. What can I say? Being able to hear the local cable news channel while I am across the country has a "wow factor" to me.

2. VPN'ing into the office with Mergic VPN. Now I can not only access internal web sites, but I can also more securely....

3. Control my systems at home with PalmVNC and Top Gun SSH. Mail server having issues? SSH in and fix it. Program crash on the desktop? VNC in and fix it. No more calling someone and playing "OK, type c-a-t-space-slash-v-a-r-.....".

4. IMing with Chatter. Forget that it's not yet publicly available, this is the application that might finally make me stop hating the whole IM concept. I do NOT want to chat with you when I am at my computer working. I really don't. But I'll chat with you while I am at an airport on a layover, no problem! Also saves on phone calls from people who need a quick answer.

How about you folks?
    1) SMS. Even though I can't send SMS yet, having Yahoo send me SMS alerts when I get new e-mail or whenever the score changes in any game with my selected teams, is great.

2) Built-in calendar.

3) Built-in memo pad.

4) Built-in todo list.

5) Blazer
    I would love to know more about the streaming with Pocket Tunes! I gotta do a search on that and figure that out! Do you have to buy upgrades???

Anyway, to answer your question, with the T600's exclusion of an Business Expense Reporting application, I recently started using Expense Plus and I think it's great! Also started using WorldMate recently and I think it's pretty brilliant! It updates all info (weather, flight information, currency rates...) right from the phone (very quickly!) has a very sharp appearance and works great!

Also, Mapopolis is fairly amazing too! I haven't bought the GPS sensor, but the basic program with my local maps is really cool!

Clearly the communication applications such as Snappermail, Verichat, and Treo600SMS all rock!
    could not live w/o:

snapper, verichat, tre600sms, vagablog

shadow (MUST HAVE), pocketTV browser, backupman, mcphling, pTunes deluxe.

tetris, bejeweled, dynomite, insaniquarium
    I just discovered upIRC.

Now that is one slick application!

Using IRC from the Palm so geeky and cool.
    Whoa! Pocket TV Browser is back online!! Whoohoo! I guess all the time I spend wasted on these forums is finally worth it after all.

Snapper Mail has been well worth it to me.

Treo Alert Manager performs a valuable function for me, one that I wasn't able to duplicate on my Pocket PC.

TAKEphONE rocks.

Everyone has there favorite app launcher, but I just can't believe that we would all agree that CoLauncher is the best, if only everyone would try it. Using CoLauncher on a device with a built in keyboard means any app you want is only two button presses away.

iSilo and iSiloX downloads all my fav web sites, and FORMATS THEM THE WAY I LIKE THEM on my screen. Goodbye Avantgo.

Using Shadow Plan in combo with Datebk5 provides a breathatking level of percision for me in getting things done. They both can be pretty daunting in their complexity, but worth the time to learn there deeper functions. Of course, there very useful without all the tweaking as well.
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    could not live w/o:

snapper, verichat, tre600sms, vagablog

shadow (MUST HAVE), pocketTV browser, backupman, mcphling, pTunes deluxe.

tetris, bejeweled, dynomite, insaniquarium
    does shadow work with the 5-way pad? I love the app but didn't think the latest version supported it.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa

3. Control my systems at home with PalmVNC and Top Gun SSH. Mail server having issues? SSH in and fix it. Program crash on the desktop? VNC in and fix it. No more calling someone and playing "OK, type c-a-t-space-slash-v-a-r-.....".
    Tell us more about these two apps. This could be very useful to a lot of us. Where do we find them ?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Originally posted by webslappy

does shadow work with the 5-way pad? I love the app but didn't think the latest version supported it.
    I just registered Shadow a couple of days ago, and it works with the nav pad.
    1. snapper

2. upirc

3. isilo

4. NesEm (when they keys are mapable)
    1. DateBk5
    2. SnapperMail
    3. SMS (built in)
    4. SmartList (not yet optimized for treo600).
    5. Bejeweled
    6. Blazer
    7. SlovoEd (for my poor english !!)
    8. Planetarium
    9. SuperNames (when treo600 version will be out !!!)

Ow, sorry, it was just 4
    what's upirc and how does it work?
    My essentials for my Treo 600

1) Audible (audio book reader)
    2) Botzam Backup
    3) CoLauncher
    4) TreoAlertMgr
    5) TealAlias
    6) Off-It
    7) pTunes
    8) HandZipper
    9) Win-Hand
    10) Basejet
    wholeheartedly agree with the TGSSH comment - i can ssh into my company server, then ssh from there into the box on my desk - works like a charm and am definitely going to contribute something towards the authors' party fund.

still no luck with streaming via pocket tunes. i have the latest beta and any stream i chose looks like it does the right thing but then ptunes can't open it and keeps retrying every 10 seconds..

is there something i'm missing ? this'd be really useful.
    Originally posted by ido
    what's upirc and how does it work?
    upIRC is an IRC client for the palmOS. It is pretty easy to figure out once you download it and run it on your palm.

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/upirc/
    HiLauncher. Developer just sent me the T600 version prior to release. Incredibly fast reponse from them. Love this launcher. Configurable "Start" menu approach to launching.

http://www.hilauncher.com
    blows away Shadow. i tried shadow, as i've always been annoyed with the secret db format that info select uses, but creating, storing, copy and pasting with the transporter and finally the AWESOME, unparalleled searching feature (F5 and you're set) is just unequaled in the PIM market. that said, i have to use outlook at work, so i only use info select to store certain types of information, altho it does have email and calendar capabilties, as well as enhanced to-do list functionality. the BEST part is that it syncs with the palm, and the gui is almost exactly the same! talk about convienent! check it out!
  18.    #18  
    You can get most/all of the apps mentioned here from any Palm software site like palmgear.com.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    HiLauncher. Developer just sent me the T600 version prior to release. Incredibly fast reponse from them. Love this launcher. Configurable "Start" menu approach to launching.

http://www.hilauncher.com
    any chance you could email me the zip you have of the beta? this looks great - kind of like a mcphling (which i love) with cascading menus???
    Originally posted by treoZilla

any chance you could email me the zip you have of the beta? this looks great - kind of like a mcphling (which i love) with cascading menus???
    I promised the developer I would not do that. I paid for the program and he sent me the beta because I paid for v1.0.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast