Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    so the new version comes out in december as far as you know?
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    so the new version comes out in december as far as you know?
    Yes, 1st week of.

The Beta is fully functional with 5-way. He's now adding 1st letter launchable (as in MS Start menu) and debugging a few minor issues. You can demo it (but no 5-way). I'm amazed at how deeply configurable this is. I'm using it in conjunction with colauncher (for the time being) and they are compatible. I've tossed out all my other launchers. Somehow, hilauncher seems extremely intuitive on the T600, almost as if it could be a native launcher. I've got the hotkey set for the screen HW button (press and hold) and the launcher “start” menu animates up, as in XP, way cool, and does not interfere with short presses of the HW button. In my left hand that is a very intuitive move. Totally one-handed launcher. In the right hand I would hotkey the phone HW button, press and hold.
    wow..... this is one of the coolest little apps i have ever seen. when this has 5 way support it will be SOOOOO money. GREAT FIND thanks!!

rod
    Totally agreed. Hilauncher looks great. And I hadn't planned on using any sort of launcher until this! December is just fine with me seeing as how I don't have my 600 yet anyhow
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    wow..... this is one of the coolest little apps i have ever seen. when this has 5 way support it will be SOOOOO money. GREAT FIND thanks!!

rod
    I just started a new HiLauncher thread under Software. Let's continue this over there. I think HL worthy of its own thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=41663
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    Totally agreed. Hilauncher looks great. And I hadn't planned on using any sort of launcher until this! December is just fine with me seeing as how I don't have my 600 yet anyhow

I just started a new HiLauncher thread under Software. Let's continue this over there. I think HL worthy of its own thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/t...&threadid=41663
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    Everyone has there favorite app launcher, but I just can't believe that we would all agree that CoLauncher is the best, if only everyone would try it. Using CoLauncher on a device with a built in keyboard means any app you want is only two button presses away....
    Having some trouble with colauncher, trying to configure it for "previous app." No matter what combinations I choose I am always taken to Blazer regardless of the real previous app.

Also, noticed that "prefs<buttons" does not work, and "backlight" gets me an error. Seems a bit buggy on the T600.

Curious to know how you got these to work.
    Hmmm..."previous app" works just fine on my Treo 600, altho honestly I never use it since I'm only two button presses away from virtually any app I want, since I've got nearly all the thumbboard keys mapped to all my apps.

I think the backlight feature is still not compatible with the 600, though.
    Boy I sure do love Pocket TV Browser, btw.
    Pocket tv browser kicks some serious booty!!!!!!!!!!
    It's my favorite; it's a necessity!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Other then the ones that came OE, here is my list

1. Treo600SMS (from PDA Apps)
    2. TreoAlertMrg (from PDA Apps)
    3. Doc to Go 6.0-Full version (from Data Viz)
    4. Kar Kare 2.6
    Originally posted by ido
    Pocket tv browser kicks some serious booty!!!!!!!!!!
    It's my favorite; it's a necessity!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree! This is one awesome app, and only $10/year for a subsription! Nice Deal IMO! However, does anyone know if its possible to store and update from the SD card instead of the ram! I MB is alot of space!

Also, my fav apps are:

Snapppermail
    DTG6
    PDANet
    MobileDB (tons of free DB's )
    Bdicty
    MetrO (metro maps of every city in the world)
    Mdrinks (for nights out! )
    Palmreader (tons of free ebooks)
    Warefare Incorporated (aewsoem game)
    Vexed (great freeware game)
    Treohleper (can't live w/o my sms triggered pull!)
    Ptunes
    MMplayer (still trying to figure out Virtualdub though)
    Kinoma (very easy to use)
    Cleanup/Uninstall (great for cleaning out your palm)
    FileZ (everyone should have this)
    newpen
    powerRUn (absolute necessity IMO)
    Verichat
    McFile (great for receiveing any file on PalmOs - also Receivit but haven't tried that yet)
    McPhiling (great task manager)
    Avantgo (b/c its free! )
    Plucker (best offline viewer period)
    NoviAnimator (lots of fun - create your own cartoons)
    TikTock (nice freeware stop watch)
    Bob's Alarm (finally an alarm that work w/T600)
    LookAtMe alarm/laucher (awesome app to configure mp3 as alarm)
    BatteryGraph (awesome freeware!)
    Colorize
    PalmPuke (to know when you SD card pops out)
    KBTracker (works on my Treo600 ?)
    Zlauncher (fancy laucher)
    Mergic (great vpn)
    Winhand (remotely control your desktop)
    Smbmate (SMB/CIFS-over-TCP/IP client)
    cradlesnd (for automatic hotsync in cradle)
    TreoalertMgr (make your treo into a pager)
    Treo600SMS
    PrintBoy (print anything from your treo!)
    Acid Image Pro (best image manager IMO)
    Botzam Backup (great backup)

And for all the medical types out there, I also recommend:

Epocrates (bloated but works)
    JournalToGo (great for keeping up with latest periodicals)
    PDxMD (very pricey but worth it)
    emedicine journals
    5MMC
    Merck

and tons of other medical freewares like
    -medrule
    -medcalc
    -ebmcal
    -Shots2003
    -1st Aid
    -ABGPro
    -COPD Gold
    -Stat E&M
    -Stat Cholesterol
    -diet calc
    -eNerves
    -Stat Growth Charts
    -etc and etc....
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/13/2003 at 11:07 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by ricochet
    blows away Shadow. i tried shadow, as i've always been annoyed with the secret db format that info select uses, but creating, storing, copy and pasting with the transporter and finally the AWESOME, unparalleled searching feature (F5 and you're set) is just unequaled in the PIM market. that said, i have to use outlook at work, so i only use info select to store certain types of information, altho it does have email and calendar capabilties, as well as enhanced to-do list functionality. the BEST part is that it syncs with the palm, and the gui is almost exactly the same! talk about convienent! check it out!

Info Select for PC = $149.00
    Info Select for Palm = $70.00

Shadow Palm + Desktop = $22.99

Info Select may have more features but for $230 bucks...no thanks.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by thegasguru

I just registered Shadow a couple of days ago, and it works with the nav pad.
    What version do you have? I just upgraded to 3.0, and the nav pad doesn't seem to work.
    Ok dumb question what do you pockettv for and which version would i get? I see that it plays movies.
    Wow, this is a great thread. There's several interesting apps listed here that I'd never even heard of. Thanks guys.

Thanks especially to gfunkmagic for linking to the mp3 alarm hack again. I had forgotten about it and had been meaning to try it out. Great stuff.
    Ok dumb question what do you pockettv for and which version would i get? I see that it plays movies.
    Originally posted by procure

What version do you have? I just upgraded to 3.0, and the nav pad doesn't seem to work.
    I have 3.0 and it doesn't work with the nav pad either/
    My bad. I have Shadow 3.0, and it has limited nav pad compatibility. Sorry.
    I want to replace Kare Kare2.6 as my choice #4 and put Graffiti Anywhere in it's place. I forgot about that one. Antoher must IMO.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast