Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone purchase the cradles being sold on ebay for $17?

Are these original or knock-off's?

Do they work ok?
    I got one from Dans_Cellular_Accessories and it works great. Appears to be original. I am very pleased - it is much better than having to attach the cord each time.
    I got one from Dan as well. Can't tell if it's original or not, but it works well. It allows me to USB sync and charge at the same time.

The cradle doesn't come with an AC power cord, but it will hook up to the AC power cord that came with the phone.
    I got one too...when he was selling them for $15!

Anyway, they are genuine Handspring. He buys in bulk without retail packaging which is why they're cheaper.
    thank you for your opinion, i just ordered 2 will tell you all soon. BTW is it OEM or a knock off, I do not care as long as it works? far better than having to unplug all of the time. I had ruined a connector a while ago, it got caught on my t300, so now i am not taking any chaces with my t600!
    Not only does he have great deals on OEM T600 cradles but he has equally great deals on OEM treo cases and stereo headset adapters.

I ordered one of each yesterday now I'm waiting for:

GSM Treo 600
    T600 Case (received 11/17/03)
    T600 Cradle (received 11/17/03)
    T600 Stereo headset adapter (received 11/17/03)

Hopefully Christmas in November. Here are some of the Ebay Links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29845

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15007

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29849

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29845
    Last edited by Prismatic; 11/17/2003 at 08:53 PM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Does anyone know if this unit requires both a USB cable *AND* a power adapter to charge and sync? For example, I simply use the travel cable to both sync and charge my T600 via the USB port.

If I pick up one of Dan's cradle's, will it simply attach to my travel cable and allow for both power and sync? Or do I need to use two cables; the travel (AC) charger for power and a USB cable for sync?
    The cradle's USB cable is exactly the same as the sync cable that came with your T600. In other words, if you plug in just the USB end it will only sync your T600, not charge it.

Like the out-of-the-box cable, the cradle cable does have a split end with two connectors -- a USB connector on one and a short AC adapter connector on the other. If you plug the AC adapter cable (that came with your T600) in to the short "AC adapter connector" end of the cradle cable, it will charge your T600 while it's sitting in the cradle.

So the answer is that you will need two cables (plugged in to each other) to charge and sync your T600 with the cable.
    1. The cradles from Dan are definitely Handspring. I received mine yesterday.

2. I can't believe the cradle doesn't come with a power cable. I was hoping that the cradle USB connector would charge from the computer, similar to the seperate USB charging cable you can buy.

Those of you who thought (like me) that you could use the power cable as a travel cable if you bought the cradle and wouldn't have to carry around a power cable... well, not possible unless you buy another power cable.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by bling bling
    Those of you who thought (like me) that you could use the power cable as a travel cable if you bought the cradle and wouldn't have to carry around a power cable... well, not possible unless you buy another power cable.
    For those of you who upgraded from the treo 300, that power cord works on the 600.
    It's really sad when companies find it acceptable to NOT post detailed info about their products.
    They should really let you know that if you want to charge from the cradle, then purchase a seperate charging cable along with your purchase of the cradle.
    I bought the cradle and stereo headphones and both work great and appear to be Handspring OEMs. I got a cell antenna in the package from Dans Cellular and am wondering if anyone has tried to use it yet?
    Originally posted by stephman
    It's really sad when companies find it acceptable to NOT post detailed info about their products.
    They should really let you know that if you want to charge from the cradle, then purchase a seperate charging cable along with your purchase of the cradle.
    To be fair, the ad in Dan's T600 cradle auctions typically says something like "Plug in an AC charger (not included ) to use cradle as a charger ".
    Originally posted by 0din

To be fair, the ad in Dan's T600 cradle auctions typically says something like "Plug in an AC charger (not included ) to use cradle as a charger ".
    My bad. Wasn't trying to be unfair to Dan.
    But the big companies like Handspring.
  15. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add my satisfaction with Dan's Cellular on eBay.

Ordered the charger and stereo headphones on 11/6... received them on 11/12.

Both are perfect.
    Remember too, that the cradle for the Treo 300's was about $15-$20 more at retail because it came with an additional charging cable. Personally, I'd rather it not be in the box and be able to buy the cradle for less money like they're doing now. Not everyone needs another cable.
    Dans Cellular sent me a free Cell Antenna with a retail price of 19.99 that is described as a "passive device designed to capture stray radiation in the body of the phone and to reradiate the signal to improve the phones performance" in elevators, tunnels, buildings, and it reduces static. Installation requires removing the battery and attaching the internal antenna to the battery and reinstalling it. The cell antenna sticks on. Has anyone else received this from Dans? If so, have you tried it? It sounds like a good idea, but........
    Thanks for any info.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by nightnurse
    Dans Cellular sent me a free Cell Antenna with a retail price of 19.99 that is described as a "passive device designed to capture stray radiation in the body of the phone and to reradiate the signal to improve the phones performance" in elevators, tunnels, buildings, and it reduces static. Installation requires removing the battery and attaching the internal antenna to the battery and reinstalling it. The cell antenna sticks on. Has anyone else received this from Dans? If so, have you tried it? It sounds like a good idea, but........
    Thanks for any info.
    Unless you are having specific issues with stray radiation, I would leave it alone. Would imagine opening up your phone like that would void your warranty.
    Originally posted by nightnurse
    Dans Cellular sent me a free Cell Antenna...
    The free antenna is worth exactly what you paid for it! Repeated lab testing of these devices has shown that they do absolutely nothing for reception. I personally tried one a couple of years ago and found no difference in reception at all. Definitely don't open up your Treo to install this thing. If the Treo had a removeable battery, then I would say by all means go ahead and try it...but don't void your warranty for one of these stick-on toys.
    Dan's Cellular on eBay RULES! Dan is the best! Perfect communication, perfect prices, fast shipping.

Bought two items from him (cradle and headphone adapter) and when the order was running late I emailed him and resolved the issue IMMEDIATELY!

I've been an eBayer for a while, and I must say that Dan is one of the best sellers I've interacted with.

Quotes from his emails:

"I am just a small guy here but go the extra mile to please my customers starting with a fair price. "

"I am going to priority ship you one today [Wednesday] if you happen to get two I would appreciate one back. I did a search under your zip and nothing came up. I apologize if we made an error. You should have on Thursday Friday latest."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast