Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. jeeter's Avatar
    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #21  
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    Remember too, that the cradle for the Treo 300's was about $15-$20 more at retail because it came with an additional charging cable. Personally, I'd rather it not be in the box and be able to buy the cradle for less money like they're doing now. Not everyone needs another cable.
    This was true of the cradles that were for the 270 & 300 but the 600 cradle on HS web site does NOT come with the AC adapter, so this inflated HS price is baseless. I ordered a couple from Dan's Cellular Accessories and I'm glad I did.

    See this HS link for details »
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by jeeter


    This was true of the cradles that were for the 270 & 300 but the 600 cradle on HS web site does NOT come with the AC adapter, so this inflated HS price is baseless. I ordered a couple from Dan's Cellular Accessories and I'm glad I did.

    See this HS link for details »
    Not sure if you missed my point or I'm missing yours. My point WAS that the T600 cradle does NOT include the AC Adapter and therefore sells for less money than if it did....which is nice since not everyone needs another one.

    Handspring's price is inflated, but the difference between the two cradles is still the cost of an AC adapter.

    I ordered mine from Dan too....$15 buy it now at the time.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 11/18/2003 at 08:56 PM.
  3. jeeter's Avatar
    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #23  
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser


    Not sure if you missed my point or I'm missing yours. My point WAS that the T600 cradle does NOT include the AC Adapter and therefore sells for less money than if it did....which is nice since not everyone needs another one.

    Handspring's price is inflated, but the difference between the two cradles is still the cost of an AC adapter.

    I ordered mine from Dan too....$15 buy it now at the time.
    I'm not disputing your point. I actually agree with you that there's a certain amount of financial flexibility in buying the AC adapter seperately if you need it. But I think it's worth noting that even though the 600 cradle from Dan's Cellular Accessories doesn't come with the AC adapter, neither does the one from HS which is roughly twice the price. I don't think most people noticed that since the one's HS sold for the 180, 270 & 300 did come with the AC adapter.
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
  4. #24  
    Originally posted by jeeter


    I'm not disputing your point. I actually agree with you that there's a certain amount of financial flexibility in buying the AC adapter seperately if you need it. But I think it's worth noting that even though the 600 cradle from Dan's Cellular Accessories doesn't come with the AC adapter, neither does the one from HS which is roughly twice the price. I don't think most people noticed that since the one's HS sold for the 180, 270 & 300 did come with the AC adapter.

    It's very possible that people didn't notice that.

    Handspring's prices though are in-line with what most retailers are charging for these items, including Treo Central.

    Dan is certainly the exception with his pricing and is choosing to work on a lot less profit margin. However, he's obviously saving himself some money by purchasing in bulk and without fancy retail packing...thus the plain white boxes and plastic bags that his items arrive in.
  5. #25  
    Can you guys provide a contact email for Dan? My ebay account is currently inactive and I cant ask him a question. If any one has a good email for him please post or PM me.


    FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by daftgem
    Can you guys provide a contact email for Dan? My ebay account is currently inactive and I cant ask him a question. If any one has a good email for him please post or PM me.
    His contact info is:

    Daniel Horton
    Dan's Cellular Accesories
    1117 East Putnam Ave.
    Riverside, CT 06878
    Store/Office 203-629-1360
    336-558-6289
    danscellphones@aol.com
    Website:http://www.stores.ebay.com/danscellularaccessories

    He's usually very quick to answer emails - I've emailed him four times and each time he's gotten back to me within an hour.
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by 0din


    His contact info is:

    Daniel Horton
    Dan's Cellular Accesories
    1117 East Putnam Ave.
    Riverside, CT 06878
    Store/Office 203-629-1360
    336-558-6289
    danscellphones@aol.com
    Website:http://www.stores.ebay.com/danscellularaccessories

    He's usually very quick to answer emails - I've emailed him four times and each time he's gotten back to me within an hour.
    Thanks!


    FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  8. #28  
    Yeah Dan's CS is pretty decent. Although my order didn't arrive for 8 days, Dan reponded to my emails promptly and gave me shipping information as soon as it was available. Definitely a good ebay seller...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. #29  
    I would like to know if the “Bellagio Handspring Treo 600 Cell Phone Type PDA Case” will allow the Treo 600 to dock in the “Handspring USB Docking Cradle.” Thanks!
  10. #30  
    I can't image the cradle working with any case. My phone barely fits in it with my egrips.
  11. #31  
    Originally posted by freudov23
    I just received my cradle from Dan yesterday. Great service, shipping, etc...but I noticed that the charging port protruding from the cradle is made of plastic.

    The image of the cradle on HS's site appears to show a port made of metal, much like the T270 cradle I purchased from HS last year. Is Dan's OEM charger a lower quality product? Just curious.
    I purchased a cradle from Dan's for $16.99+ shipping and the charging port protruding from the cradle is metal just like the one pictured on Handsprings site.

    I also purchased a form fitting case and stereo headset adapter, received all three in 4 working days for approx. 1/2 retail price. When I receive my Treo, I'll be one happy camper!
    No good deed goes unpunished
  12. #32  
    But I don't get how it would be useful if you don't have it plugged into an AC charger? The treo 600 come with only one AC charger right? Were you using this to simply sync and not charge?

    Mike
  13. #33  
    The cradle uses the AC charger that already came with your T600. Basically, you simply remove the Hot Sync Cable and replace it with the cradle which has it's own Hot Sync Cable attached. Unless you have a need to charger in a second location, there would be no need for an additional charger.
  14. #34  
    OH I SEE!!! I didn't realize at first that the Treo 600 didn't come with a cradle (I assumed so) but rather it comes ONLY with a simple ole hotsync cable.. The cradle definitely is much nicer!!! Okay.. Off to order my cradle!!

    Thanks for waking me up!

    Mike

    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    The cradle uses the AC charger that already came with your T600. Basically, you simply remove the Hot Sync Cable and replace it with the cradle which has it's own Hot Sync Cable attached. Unless you have a need to charger in a second location, there would be no need for an additional charger.
  15. jwrogers's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #35  
    Just got the cradle that I purchased from Dan... prompt, well-packaged, and in excellent condition. Works great. I'm on my way to leave positive eBay feedback.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions