1.    #1  
    I'm sure I didn't have this problem before.

However, at least one other user here (can't find the thread even though I did a search) has more than 5000 contacts.

On the UK Orange Treo it seems that if you have more than around 5000 contacts you cannot answer or even ignore a call from someone wiht 'No Caller ID'.

Anyone else had this problem?

I don't think it was a problem with the 270 or 180.
  2.    #2  
    Another guy on uk.telecom.mobile newsgroup has this problem with 4000 contacts.

I guess it could be due to >8192 phone numbers, as each contact can have more than one phone number.

Any suggestions of a good 3rd party address book that does not use the in-built one, but CAN work ALONGSIDE the exsisting one, i.e. does not replace it on the desktop front, so I can still use Palm Desktop for 4000 contacts and say use Outlook for the other 2000?
  3.    #3  
    Beyond Contacts does seem to be a good workaround.
    Handles 6000+ contacts OK.

However, since it replaces the standard address book, I will have to maintain two different address books.

One will be the in-built one/Palm Desktop with a maximum of 3000 to 5000 contacts, the other will be Beyond Contacts/Outlook with 6000+.

Anyone know of a good way to synchronise the two address books, with the smaller address book ignoring the extra records in the bigger Beyond Contacts one?
  4.    #4  
    Beyond Contacts seems to be a good workaround, but can't run a database that's on the SD card.

Key Contacts won't do this either.

Anyone know of a similar program that does NOT use the in-built address book and that can run its database off an SD/MMC card?