1.    #1  
    After calling every 4 hours since Monday - AT&T's computer systems have finally finished "updating" and they are able to take phone orders.

Spoke to a great rep who had little problem taking my order. Earlier I had asked about the phone - and was told it didn't appear in their catalog - but that wasn't an issue today.

Order was placed - she said I should expect the phone in 1-2 business days by FedEx. Price $549 w/ a $50 instant rebate.

FYI - she kept referring to it as the Handspring 600 Smartphone. I said Treo and she got a blank stare....

I'll report as soon as it arrives.
    Haha! ATT before cingular and Tmobile.

This is so funny.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

This is so funny.
    I have to agree with you 100%. I resigned myself to just ride the wait. I have an order for the Cingularized model through the upgrade program and another order pending unlocked GSM version through SHOPBLT.com. I'll sell one one of them in the end so I won't sit on two of them.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Granted, this is a little early, since you don't have it yet, but...
    If possible, please check it with SIM cards from other carriers -- I am on AT&T but plan to change when my contract is up in two months, and don't want to be stuck with AT&T in order to keep using the device.
    Rusty J
    600 really, really soon :-)
    How did you order it? I just called attws using the 1800 number on thier website and even though the rep really wanted to help me, they could not find any products from handspring.

please post the exact details of how you ordered.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Web support (after two hours on hold) told me that the Treo is BACKORDERED.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

This is so funny.
    well, not really. some people have reported in seeing the Treo 600 available at the Cingular Store (retail) and available via phone orders.
  8.    #8  
    There was no magic to it - I just called the 800 wireless customer service number. Told the rep that I wanted to upgrade my phone to the new Handspring that was released on Monday. She put me on hold briefly - then came back - got shipping information - charged it to my account and told me it would ship in 1 - 2 business days FedEx. Gave me an order number and that was it.

Maybe you want to call them again. I have found that success varies by the rep you get. Roll the dice again....
  9.    #9  
    Rusty,

Unfortunately, I am in Nebraska - there are no other GSM carriers anywhere around that I could test the Treo on. Cingular and T-Mobile aren't options in my neck o the woods - or I would be happy to test it.
    I managed to place an order yesterday for a Treo 600 on AT&T Wireless' website. Today, I was notified by phone that the Treos were not yet in stock and my order wouldn't be processed until Monday, November 17 (sound familiar???). They promised delivery via FedEx on Tuesday the 18th. No word on whether the handsets will be locked to AT&T or not. . .
    I managed to place an order yesterday for a Treo 600 on AT&T Wireless' website. Today, I was notified by phone that the Treos were not yet in stock and my order wouldn't be processed until Monday, November 17 (sound familiar???). They promised delivery via FedEx on Tuesday the 18th. No word on whether the handsets will be locked to AT&T or not. . .