Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Can anyone with a T600 GSM tell me if there is a place in preferences to set your TimeZone? There is not in the 270, and it causes difficulties with a number of programs that send vCalendar and other things stamped in UTC.

Just wondering if it will be there in the T600.

Thanks.

Danita
    User sets time zone during initial setup and it can be changed later under Prefs/Date & Time. This was the same on my 270.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    User sets time zone during initial setup and it can be changed later under Prefs/Date & Time. This was the same on my 270.
    You sure about this? I can't find it (on my 270, that is)...
    Originally posted by tommygreen

You sure about this? I can't find it (on my 270, that is)...
    Sorry, my bad. That's for T600 only.

On a 270 there are 2 ways AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $During$ $setup$, $or$ $by$ $using$ $the$ $City$ $Time$ $app$ ($which$ $is$ $in$ $ROM$). $Pull$ $down$ $the$ $City$ $Time$ $menu$ $and$ $go$ $into$ $Options$&$gt$; $Select$ $Home$ $City$, $or$ $Utilities$&$gt$;$Change$ $Location$. $Worked$ $for$ $me$.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9

Sorry, my bad. That's for T600 only.

On a 270 there are 2 ways AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $During$ $setup$, $or$ $by$ $using$ $the$ $City$ $Time$ $app$ ($which$ $is$ $in$ $ROM$). $Pull$ $down$ $the$ $City$ $Time$ $menu$ $and$ $go$ $into$ $Options$&$gt$; $Select$ $Home$ $City$, $or$ $Utilities$&$gt$;$Change$ $Location$. $Worked$ $for$ $me$.
    Well, it's good to hear that it's there for the T600. My default location is Denver in City Time, but that doesn't help. And I just had to hard reset the 270 yesterday, and there is no timezone setting during setup that I can see.

So, I'll just muddle through a couple more weeks on the 270 and hope I can get a T600 soon <g>!

Thanks.

Danita
    City Time... I didn't think about that!
    Originally posted by Danitaz

Well, it's good to hear that it's there for the T600. My default location is Denver in City Time, but that doesn't help. And I just had to hard reset the 270 yesterday, and there is no timezone setting during setup that I can see.

So, I'll just muddle through a couple more weeks on the 270 and hope I can get a T600 soon <g>!

Thanks.

Danita
    I just changed to Denver using City Time. No problem. You do not need to hard reset.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    No - I mean that I've always been at "Denver Time" in "City TIme" - that does not change the timezone for applications. And during a hard reset yesterday there was no place to enter a timezone for the Treo 270. I do not believe this is at all possible on the 270.

Danita