1.    #1  
    I just got a set of these..

http://www.macally.com/spec/speciali...ies/podio.html

..and they appear to work well. $20 most places.

they *do* require Handspring's 2.5mm->3.5mm jack adapter gizmo.

mobileuser
    I bought these (the second one down) and they seem to work well with the adapter also.
    The "problem" with these is that the quality of the earbuds cannot be very high.
    It is OK if you are not demanding.

Many, audiophiles particular, will be disappointed.

That is the reason so many earbuds cost over $100.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I bought these (the second one down) and they seem to work well with the adapter also.
    Scrinch, where did you buy the ZipLinq headphones from? There doesn't appear to be any direct ordering from their site.
    I bought them at www.thecableplace.com. Good prices and very quick shipping!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile
    The "problem" with these is that the quality of the earbuds cannot be very high.
    I think they are quite acceptable for what I ask them to do and I'm an audiophile of sorts.

I did a side-by-side test with them (the Macally retractable units) with my recently-refoamed EPI 100V bookshelf speakers (also "acceptable" units), and the only thing the earbuds seemed to lack in comparison was a bit of oomph in the highs. dialing up the treble a bit on the sound source fixed this. The bass is actually suprisingly (to me) strong.

so whatever, there u go. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and one's wallet is beholden to said eye.

mobileuser
    They have a mic on them correct? Does it work for the phone mode? Or are these strictly for listening to Pocket Tunes?
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by fairoasis
    They have a mic on them correct?
    No, neither of the retractable earbud units identified in this thread have mics.

Does it work for the phone mode?
    No, sorry.

For that, you'd need, I suspect, something akin to the Headspring earbuds with a built-in mic and 2.5mm jack. I suspect that there is no special circutry required on the part of a such a headphone+mic-***-2.5mm-jack unit to work as either a phone headset or as a stereo headset (I suspect the magic happens on the
    T600's "jack side" of things), but I don't know for sure. Easy 'nuff to experiment with and figger out.

mobileuser
    Specs for the ZipLinq from above link:
    Specifications:

3.5mm Stereo Jack
    Earbud and In-line Microphone
    Durable ABS housing.
    Expands from 4" to 30"

Now I'm really confused. Can one of you that ordered them and have used them let us know if the in line mic works?
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Scrinch, I was wondering, do the ziplinq earphones "lock" in an extended position, or does it maintain tension constantly? Does it "zip" right out of your ear?
    jello
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by jellolee

Scrinch, I was wondering, do the ziplinq earphones "lock" in an extended position, or does it maintain tension constantly? Does it "zip" right out of your ear?
    I do not own the retractable earbud units that scrinch has, but I do own several zip-linq branded gizmos (and some non-ziplinq ones) and they all are of the lock-in-place variety.

mobileuser
    [should be "retractableuser" but it's too long to type]
    The ZipLinq locks in place in the open position. It is actually a nice little retraction mechanism.

Unfortunately it is a typo about the stereo headset having a microphone (somebody used copy-paste once too often). ZipLinq has a single-earbud retractable headset with a mic and a 2.5mm connector, and a stereo retractable headset with no mic and a 3.5mm connector, but no "holy grail," which for me would be a stereo headset with mic, on-off switch, and 2.5mm connector.

I have ordered but not yet received the standard single-earbud headset. The stereo headset works fine...and the sound quality is fine for me (I'm no audiophile, though), but there is no microphone.
    The ZipLinq locks in place in the open position. It is actually a nice little retraction mechanism.
    Would you recommend the one with the clip or without the clip?
    I bought the one without the clip because it is more compact in the retracted position. The earbud always seems to stay in my ear without the clip, so I am happy with the one I got.