1.    #1  
    I rarley see any new post or repleis to the Treo 300 Group. Has the Treo 300 become extient or Has everyone purchase a 600.
    Unfortunately I think you are right. Most users probably purchased the 600 or moved on to different PDA phones. I just got my 300 and have had it for 2 weeks. I must say that I am loving it. I wish however that I could share my enthusiasm with others here, but the 300 is too old for most people to care and this forum is dying.
    By the way, this was posted from my Treo 300 while eating breakfast.
    Not at all, I'm not getting the 600 if it doesn't have the flip lid. I don't like phones with exposed screens. So Im still here
    No, this discussion group is not dead. My Treo 300 will be 1 year old on December 14. I've enjoyed my Treo and still do. I'm quite disappointed in Handspring that they had the nerve to put in such a cheap battery in this unit. But my car charger took care of that glaring defect. And then again that's why Handspring sold out to Palm for such a cheap price.

In my Honest Opinion, only the Treo Groupies would pay $400 for a Treo 600. Not me and not most people in the real world. That's why Handspring had problems turning a profit.
  6.    #6  
    you absolutly right. I would have said the same thing myself, but I didn't want to get flamed.

Very close to the time the 600 was going to be released , TreoCentral became a Cheerleading squad for Handspring.
    I really did see any Ojective Reviews of the Unit
    My treo 300 lid broke a couple of day ago and I went to the sprint store to get a replacement. There I got to see the 600 in person , and it sucked "big time"

I'll never switch my PdA just becuase of a Brand Name
    Well, I'll be around in this forum even though I no longer have my trusty Treo300. A few weeks ago I had the dreaded lid breakage and was able to exchange it for a new Treo600 via BB replacement warranty. The T600 is awesome but I wish I still had my old T300 for backup if not nostalgia!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'll be sticking to my T300 for a while, the new 600 has not inspired me to make the jump. Low tier display & camera are my biggest gripes. As time passes I'm sure the T600 will develop it's own "personality" as issues pop up as the 300 did.

Instead going to the 600, I've upgraded my T300 to a 1700mAhr battery. After 14 months the old 900 mAhr battery really started to take a dive. The new cell is about twice as thick as the old one but has the same footprint on the PCB. A dremel tool and soldering iron was all it took. Will post pics if there is any interest out there.

Instead of charging 2X per day, I'm up to 3 days on a single charge. Yes the phone is heavier and the battery sticks out of the back housing, but with my casetechworks leather case the protruding batt is a non issue. The phone even fit into the "stock" case, but is a little more snug.

Makes me wonder why HS didn't do this from the start? Who cares about a buldge on the back when you have keep running to the charging well every 4 hours or risk losing everything.

GG
    The 300 board is certainly dead. Used to have a few pages of new messages a day back in "the day" of the 300. But, I must say after 14 months of my 300 I still love it. All human knowledge of the 300 is contained on this board already. Maybe thats why the drop off in posts. A well planned search should answer any questions anyone may have.
    The fact is that the 600 is the new baby and the 300 is now "old technology".

G
    Originally posted by Gordon-Gekko
    Instead going to the 600, I've upgraded my T300 to a 1700mAhr battery. After 14 months the old 900 mAhr battery really started to take a dive. The new cell is about twice as thick as the old one but has the same footprint on the PCB. A dremel tool and soldering iron was all it took. Will post pics if there is any interest out there.
    GG
    Heck, I definitely would be interested in seeing pics of that! If I'm not mistaken that a larger battery than in the Treo600!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11.    #11  
    I would love to see picture of it also and where do you find this battery

Handspring should have, first fixed the problem of the old treo and sold upgrades or allowed you to send in the old one for upgrades for a price
    Instead of trying to re invent the "square" wheel.
    I'll post some pics tomorrow in a new thread. Li-ion batteries are not over the counter items, these were samples from a cell supplier.

GG
    Originally posted by 911_Dude
    The 300 board is certainly dead.
    The 300 board is dead only because of over moderation and forum fragmentation. Many people, who have a 300, want to go to one forum, to chat with other 300 owners. Now we got at least 8 forums where 300 related messages might be located. This 300 forum, is now just for hardware: lid, housing, screen, buttons, blah. There's not enough traffic to warrant 8 forums for one device. Who wants to go to the communications forum and sort out which threads pertain to gprs vs 1xrtt and palmOS 3.52 vs 5.21. It wasn't broke before and didn't need to be fixed. (IMHO)
    David
    No, the 300 forum is dead because there is a new toy to talk about.

The split of the forums, though certainly overdone IMHO and quite threatening in appearance, is a facade - everyone still posts on the TREO 600 "hardware" forum about ANYTHING TREO 600.

This is good.