1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

I just wanted to make a comment and statement about the various posts throughout the board. Most of the posts are positive, people helping people and the rest are just flames and "weird comments".

Can't we all just make a commitment to: "... just get along ..."

Some posts say: Treo 600 $299 pricepoint for the holidays, the rollouts for the phone were horrible, why no bluetooth, why no wi-fi, why no..., etc.

Fact: The Treo 600 is a wonderful phone with options galore and very few draw backs. It is one of the few converged devices that works really well!

Fact: No device with such a wanting has ever rolled out cleanly. I'm reminded of the following rollouts of other products: Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, etc. Overwhelming demand ALWAYS creates shortage.

Opinion: $399.00 price for the Treo 600 (for prevoius Treo users) was a killer pricepoint.

Comments on BT: BlueTooth while it is useful is still new and limited. I think that when then break the "one-device" limitation, we will see new life in BlueTooth development.

Comments on Wi-Fi: While at the core this seems great option around the home, it is very limited on the road - where most of us use the phone. I cannot see myself buying into various hotspots to get internet connection, when I can get the "same" connection with my cellular carrier for less than I can buy 2-3 Wi-Fi hotspot contracts. [Note: I work for a major telecom company and in various industry mags I have read - they (the telecom industry as a whole) see bigger growth in wireless data links opposed to the Wi-Fi rollouts that are now happening.]

Let's all quench the rumors and stick with the facts.

All in all, if PalmOne creates a new Treo with hi-res screen and keeps rest of the phone the same and offers previous users another $399 deal - I'll buy again.

Thanks for reading,
    Dave Lindberg
    Amen Brother!!!!!!
    As a long time reader (and lurker) it is much easier to get the relevent facts without having to weed through all the flame wars and rumoring.
    I must admit, some of it is entertaining (for those with a sense of humor) and some of the rumors do become substantiated in later news. This does keep us ahead of the announcements which is VERY good. The beauty of discussion boards.
    My only request from those of us with limited time to catch up on this site is use the advice I received many moons ago "think before you speak". If what you are thinking still seems good in the morning, go for it, but don't post in haste/anger.
    My other request is redundant to the moderators: SEARCH FIRST!!

Just a slight sidebar: "Where the #@$% is my T-mo T600"
    Ok, I'm done now.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    You make very good comments on wi-fi

Comments on Wi-Fi: While at the core this seems great option around the home, it is very limited on the road - where most of us use the phone. I cannot see myself buying into various hotspots to get internet connection, when I can get the "same" connection with my cellular carrier for less than I can buy 2-3 Wi-Fi hotspot contracts. [Note: I work for a major telecom company and in various industry mags I have read - they (the telecom industry as a whole) see bigger growth in wireless data links opposed to the Wi-Fi rollouts that are now happening.]
    If you think about it, why do we need it? If you walk in to Starbucks, you need to buy an account. Anywhere else where there are free wi-fi hotspots you could just use your wireless connection, and in more places. And at home, are you really going to sit on the couch and surf on your Treo? If you have a wi-fi network, chances are you either have another computer somewhere in the house, or a laptop like me. If I need to surf from the couch, I use the laptop.

So what's the point in wi-fi with a pda with wireless service? A little more speed and more drain on your battery...I'll pass.
    Yes, the wireless connection is already fast enough for me to begin with. wifi would suck the battery, cost more (outside of home in most cases), and make the device cost at least $50-$100+ more...the tungsten C is $500 (and they used the W case to minimize development costs).

Bluetooth would be useful to a small % of users, but again, $50+ more (I know some quote $5 a chip, but that includes no profiles, software, customization and design work!)

Another big complaint is no removable battery. The T600 has an 1800mAh battery (extrapolated by comparing the 1200mAh expansion pack and comparing talk times...TWICE the Tungsten T's). That is a LARGE cell, in fact it covers most of the height of the unit! Making it removable would cut down the capacity quite a bit, as you have to make a casing, connectors, etc...there would be 2 layers of hard plastic between the cell and the phone rather than none. Also, the internal cell allows the other components to fit into all the nooks and crannies of the phone the way it is now.

For all those who complain, an eternal battery is available to give 3000mAh of capacity...the tungsten T's have 900!
    You make some excellent comments. I agree with most of them but even where I don't I think your analysis could be right.

When I saw the subject line I thought you were getting to a related subject that I think is also important. Lately the "flame wars" seem to be getting a little out of hand. An "anti-Treo" comment or a "pro-Treo" comment seems to lead to just a little too much heat. I love the device but it is a phone, not a life choice.

As long as I am on my soap box, we also seem to have become increasingly intolerant of newbies and casual users. Yes, I wish people would do a search of the forums before starting a new thread (or at least browse beyond the first page) but I see no reason to use up more bandwidth correcting them.

Okay, I think I overspent my 2 cents.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
  6. purpleXXY
    Originally posted by steven975
    Bluetooth would be useful to a small % of users, but again, $50+ more (I know some quote $5 a chip, but that includes no profiles, software, customization and design work!)
    I thought the Treo 600 was already designed to accept the Bluetooth chip and so it will require minimal extra effort to support the addition of Bluetooth.
    i agree, however, I also would like it if those who hate palm/hs and the t600, would keep quiet, they have said there piece, but is time for peace on this site! I just want to read constructive posts not destructive ones, thanks and take care, jay
    ps i love my t600, every day I find at least 10 new things i can do!