1.    #1  
    Treo 600 Essentials has just rolled out our FAQ section and Farzon has volunteered to manage it! While the format is basic right now we will further optimize it for readability, speed, and ease of use over the coming days.

As always we will continue to scour this board and post the best information at our site but if you would like to submit potential FAQ entries directly, you can do so by sending mail to faq@treo600essentials.com - this mail alias goes directly to Farzon and myself.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us as we've grown. We appreciate all of your help and input!

Best,
    Derek.
    Treo 600 Essentials
    Last edited by derek985; 11/13/2003 at 12:10 AM.
    Derek,
    Thanks for the heads up.

Your site is a good complement to this one. Sure is nice that these two sites help improve each other, rather then compete. I come here to ask questions and get feed back (real time), as well as news and go to yours to learn (archive) and get tips and such.

Too often I see a site just "mirror"/copy another one and it just splits a community up. It happens in the PWC arena and it's frustrating. My theory, if all you can think of is a mirror or copy to do, then just use that energy to help the site that you are copying. I am sure the admin of the site would love the help. I see it as bad sometimes as the site looks just like the other, down to the engine, the only difference is the URL..pretty bad..

Anyway, keep it up.

Thanks for the hard work, Matt Burkhard :shortcut:

Caveat: Just my opinion and 2-cents worth..
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the kind words Matt - the whole team over here is working very hard to make this the premier resource for Treo 600 users and I think we're reaching that goal if I do say so myself.

And here's another heads up for you - we're expanding again (gasp! really? I bet you're shocked!) to include an Information section. This section will read like the nightly news by having links to wap friendly sites that offer:

1. News headlines (local, national, & world)
    4. Sports
    5. Weather
    6. Travel
    7. Entertainment
    8. Technology
    9. Shopping
    10. Directories

The idea is that we'll offer all the resources that the nightly news offers (and more) except you'll be able to quickly nav the list above and get the news you're most interested in. We will focus on quality links to the best sites only - not quantity!

Often Imitated - Never Duplicated - Treo600Essentials.com
    As a suggestion...it would be nice to have hyperlinks at the top of the questions that linked down below to the answers. The FAQ is going to grow and scrolling down to read everything that you may or may not already know will be a pain...you'll probably also want to start sections of the faq - General, camera, sd slot, etc, etc...
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...d=fq&Question=

This page appears to be new - it shows the support knowledegebase FAQs by topic rather than a basic search by keyword. You also get this page if you search for no keyword and hit the search button.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    As a suggestion...it would be nice to have hyperlinks at the top of the questions that linked down below to the answers. The FAQ is going to grow and scrolling down to read everything that you may or may not already know will be a pain...you'll probably also want to start sections of the faq - General, camera, sd slot, etc, etc...
    Funny you should say that.

I was in the process of switching over to a better CGI FAQ script when you posted this for specifically the reason you state above. The new FAQ engine is now up and running and we've even added a FAQ search engine!

Enjoy!

P.S. We will be implementing the same engine for the tips section as well very soon.
    I am getting only questions from people. This is ok, but we need more contributions on questoins + answers.

Thanks Again!
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    I am getting only questions from people. This is ok, but we need more contributions on questoins + answers.

Thanks Again!
    Farzon -

If that's the case then why don't we create an "Unanswered" category in the FAQ and as people are looking at the FAQ and see something in that section they know the answer to then they can submit it via e-mail.
    Originally posted by derek985

Farzon -

If that's the case then why don't we create an "Unanswered" category in the FAQ and as people are looking at the FAQ and see something in that section they know the answer to then they can submit it via e-mail.

Great idea!
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

Great idea!
    We've added a bunch of content to the FAQ (including an unanswered section) and it is looking really nice. Come check it out!