1.    #1  
    It's been AWHILE now and there STILL hasn't been an update from Sprint to the Business Connection client that will alert you when you are in a different application with a tone (not an SMS message).

It still only works when BC is running.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeRadio; 11/13/2003 at 06:02 PM.
    I know. If they know, they're sure taking their own sweet time to fix it. Unforunately, this doesn't surprise about Sprint really. That would be their MO.
    ah yes, i hate my BC, but need it because some functionality is better than not. really sucks.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    This is really pissing me off. I'm actually on hold with them now as I have been on the phone with them for over an hour. This is total bull**** and taking way too damn long. I mean it's been a month and it still doesn't send me an alert when I have a new email. I love how they set it up where it is manditory that you update but the updated software is not even ready for the public. A freakin month! I should just cancel my service and go back to a blackberry.
    hall316 - What device are you on? I'm on my 600 and it seems to be very responsive right now for me. The SMS Web alerts are coming in at 2 minutes or less and the push's within 5-10.

Anyone else seeing good response right now on alerts and/or push's?
  6.    #6  
    We aren't talking about the SMS web alerts here.

We are talking about just REGULAR ALERTS...

Go to the Biz connection ont he device then sync preferences then the alerts tab and turn them on.

They work fine ONLy when Bizconnection is running (screen on or off).

If another program is running there are NO alerts.

I like the background sync but No alerts is waaay too background for me!

I mean really.. how much code change is there to get this to DING at any time?! Just put whatever makes it DING as part of the sync operation!
    Thanks for the clarification Mike. Is there a reason why you would not want to use the SMS Web alerts you can define in BC on the Webmail -> Settings page? This seems to be more reliable than the alerts piece from the device currently. The only downside is the SMS Web alert just lets you know somthing is out there that is new but it does not mean it has pushed it to your device yet. I set mine to a low volume chirp.
    MobileGhost, the SMS messages are unreliable and seem to vary in arrival time depending on the time of the day. I turned mine off because anything more than 10 minutes isn't really that helpful. I want to know right away and 95% of the time, SMS messages arrive later than that. I hope they fix the alerts while not active issue soon.
    Spiffyis5150 - Hmm.. I am seeing the SMS web alerts still coming in between 1-4 minutes still today which is a huge improvement. These pure SMS web alerts also come in when the app is on the background. The alerts part that you set in the device client is another story though... that seems to only work when the app is in the foreground. Well it seems there has been some progress in the last 24 hours.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I have a strage feeling they are never going to get this fixed. For some reason this is not happening to everyone. The tech person told me there is a spreadsheet of all the people who have called in to complain about this and they were treating the cases on the basis of the way they came in. I found that hard to believe considering I have been calling them since I downloaded the damn software as soo as it was available on the website. I did get a month of credit for spending 2 hours on the phone with them lastnight.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by hall316
    I have a strage feeling they are never going to get this fixed. For some reason this is not happening to everyone. The tech person told me there is a spreadsheet of all the people who have called in to complain about this and they were treating the cases on the basis of the way they came in. I found that hard to believe considering I have been calling them since I downloaded the damn software as soo as it was available on the website. I did get a month of credit for spending 2 hours on the phone with them lastnight.
    I am sure this is happening for everyone....

It is simple.. the background sync of the software was written and they did not counton the program NOT being opened and in focus like previous versions...

I am sure they will get it fixed. It is affecting a lot of people.

I don't want to tie up SMS..l I want to just get the lil BING when the thing gets email regardless of what app I am in.. I am sure this isnt too tough.. is SMS can interrupt you I am sure BC can as well.

I pay for this!