1.    #1  
    I just ordered my 600 from Cingular. (I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area). I was quoted several different data plans:

$3.99 unlimited, data counted as airtime minutes
    $6.99 1 mb data
    $14.99 (?) 5 mb data

When I opted for the first plan (I'm unsure of how much data I'll be using, and I've currently got a 1000 minute plan of which I'm generally using around 800 minutes), the salesperson on the phone told me that the other plans provided faster speeds. Is this true? I stuck with my decision, but this is the first I'd heard of a performance difference.
    Yes they are correct. The plan that you chose for $3.99 is "wireless internet" which is a CSD dial up connection. This will come out of your 1000 minutes. The other plans are for "wireless internet express" which is Cingular's terminolgy for GPRS and GPRS will give you the always on (in theory) faster data speeds.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    How much slower? Can the minutes come out of nights-and-weekends minutes and rollover minutes?
    Yes they come out of what ever minutes you have available to you on your plan whether they are nights and weekends, roll over or peak.
    Not sure what they "exact" speeds are.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I just got off the phone with Cingular and was told that there is an unlimited GPRS plan for $9.99. Does that make sense? Can anyone confirm that.
    Unless they have just released a new promo, I don't believe it.
    I'm gonna call right now.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Unless they have just released a new promo, I don't believe it.
    I'm gonna call right now.
    I have no idea if he was on crack. He said it was new for the Treo 600 and the web site wasn't updated yet. He said monday you could port your number over too.

He also mentioned different prices for the voice than I see on the web site. Told me 250 minutes for $29.99 on the national plan, whereas the web site say 200 min for $35.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I just got off the phone with Cingular and was told that there is an unlimited GPRS plan for $9.99. Does that make sense? Can anyone confirm that.
    If there was an unlimited data plan from Cingular for $9.99, I'd switch in a heartbeat... which about all the time I'd have left anyway to use the upgrade offer.
    If it is true I'd switch from T-Mo in a New York minute! If Cingular has half a brain they'd do something like that and offer $9.99 a month for a 1 year contract and rollover. They'd get a lot of T-Mo converts, believe me! I know SBC has been offering DSL at prices lower than cable and has gotten a lot of converts (like myself).
    The CSR I just spoke with can't find any info related to this.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    The CSR I just spoke with can't find any info related to this.
    Crap. False alarm I guess.
    Don't worry, the rumor will resurface again shortly
    I called again and this time they didn't know what I was talking about. Though I did resolve the 250 min $29.99. Apparently he was talking about Nation Preferred, which is similar to Nation except that it uses only cheap towers or something like that.

I spoke with customer service, but she said that they aren't privy to the latest/greatest deals that the salesmen have. Spent a good deal of time asking around for me, but couldn't find anything. So I went back to sales, but no luck on finding a $9.99 unlimited GPRS plan.

So I don't know. Wish I remembered the original salesman's name.
    I just called today regarding data because I am so shocked by the price of WIX from Cingular. I have been on 5MB for a while with my 270 but I wanted to go unlimited with the 600 because of the software that allows you to connect laptop to phone via USB.

$75.00 for unlimited, i verified it on Cingular's website. I was paying $20 with T-mobile to upgrade my plan.

How can Sprint be $15, T-mobile $20 and Cingular $75.00?

I have service with Cingular and T-mobile for a while. I like my cingular but that would cause me to change.
    Why are people saying they are happy to move from T-Mobile, what do I need to know?
    I just called today regarding data because I am so shocked by the price of WIX from Cingular. I have been on 5MB for a while with my 270 but I wanted to go unlimited with the 600 because of the software that allows you to connect laptop to phone via USB.

$75.00 for unlimited, i verified it on Cingular's website. I was paying $20 with T-mobile to upgrade my plan.

How can Sprint be $15, T-mobile $20 and Cingular $75.00?

I have service with Cingular and T-mobile for a while. I like my cingular but that would cause me to change.
    Why are people saying they are happy to move from T-Mobile, what do I need to know?
    Read the thread. There was a rumor that Cingular had a data plan for $9.99. If it were true (it wasn't) then that would be a $10 savings per month on data. I like the idea of rollover and T-Mo does not have it. Thing is that's not enough to make me leave.

In general, people seem to be happy with T-Mo but we'd all consider leaving if someone offered a cheaper plan.

What's so hard to understand? Cingular is way overpriced on data and offers rollover (although T-Mo offers more minutes for the same price)
    The reason I switched from cingular (didn't cancel) to t-mobile and back to cingular was:

To T-Mobile:
    T-mobile allows you to have a send and receive SMS with an email alias. Got rid of the annoying 555555555@mobile.mycingular.com
    Cingular only allows you to receive the alias, no option to send it.
    I use sms alot and email via sms.

T-mobile offered 1200 Nation for $39.95

Why I returned to Back to Cingular;
    T-mobile sms useless to me. After 140-160 depending on which person you talk to it truncates the message. Spent two weeks on the phone with T-mobile until they finally admitted that was the way thier system worked.
    Cingular's SMS sends it as multiple emails.

Cingular matched T-mobiles price by giving me Cingular Nation 1000 w/rollover for $39.95 as opposed to $69.95 Free SMS, no contract. I am working the Data price as of today.