1.    #1  
    They have them in stock but refused to sell to a non-Cingular customer. They also claim that the Cingular Treo 600 is locked to the Cingular network. Based on other posts in this forum, I suspect this is untrue. Can anyone confirm/deny the Cingular salesperson's position?
    I don't have a specific answer, but keep in mind that it's entirely possible for the Treo 600s sold in Cingular stores to be different than those sold directly by Handspring, even if they're both sold as Cingular-specific. So people saying that the "Cingular" Treo 600s from Handspring are unlocked doesn't mean that the Treo 600s from Cingular stores can't be locked.
    I'm totally wondering about Cingular in the Chicago area coming through. There is no presence for the treo on the website when I enter the 60610 zip. When I access the NY site the coverage maps are national, but nada in the Chicago site.
    Originally posted by sharding
    I don't have a specific answer, but keep in mind that it's entirely possible for the Treo 600s sold in Cingular stores to be different than those sold directly by Handspring, even if they're both sold as Cingular-specific. So people saying that the "Cingular" Treo 600s from Handspring are unlocked doesn't mean that the Treo 600s from Cingular stores can't be locked.
    I purchased my Treo 600 directly from Cingular and it is not locked.
    Originally posted by mikegold

I purchased my Treo 600 directly from Cingular and it is not locked.
    Curious, are you already a Cingular customer?
    Did you have to sign up for a 2 year agreement to get the $499 price?
    Thanks for the info
    Originally posted by stephman

Curious, are you already a Cingular customer?
    Did you have to sign up for a 2 year agreement to get the $499 price?
    Thanks for the info
    I actually switched over from T-Mobile with this purchase and will transfer my number over at the end of the month.

I did sign up for a two year agreement and got the $499 price less $100 trade in allowance.
  7.    #7  
    Can you switch to Cingular now and then transfer your current number on Nov. 24? I am on t-mobile now, but am open to switching as all of the providers in NYC offer pretty lousy service. I want to keep my current number.
    As of Nov 24, yes you can move your number, as well. I would wait until that date.
    Originally posted by mikegold

I actually switched over from T-Mobile with this purchase and will transfer my number over at the end of the month.

I did sign up for a two year agreement and got the $499 price less $100 trade in allowance.
    So you're saying that you got it NOW for basically $399 after a $100 trade-in allowance? Or is the $499 after the trade-in allowance?

Hmmm...is it worth it for me to do that but be locked in a contract for 2 more years...or should I just wait for my Handspring upgrade order to happen? I'll probably wait. I'd like to be able to tell Cingular that I'm not in contract so they better treat me nice keep me around! I don't even know if the Cingular stores in my area have any in stock yet.
    My T-Mobile contract was up on the 6th but I have not cancelled my account yet. I have forwarding set up to send the calls to my Cingular number.

Once WLNP goes into effect, I will start the ball rolling with Cingular to port my T-Mobile number over to Cingular to replace the current cingular number. My Cingular rep. checked on this and assured me that it would not be a problem.

As for the price, I paid $399 (+tax).
    So what kind of case came in the box? I guess the Sprint Treos come with the plain sleeve. But someone somewhere posted that the Cingular Treos would come with the side case (with belt clip).
    It came with the leather (or leatherette?) side case.
    Do you mean that you received the same side case with the Cingular Treo 600 you ordered as shown in the Treo 600 accessories page?