1.    #1  
    So my bf's treo 600 finally arrived today from Handspring (10/24 order), and I get it all activated w/ the rebate (after arguing with the CSR about how *I* got the rebate for 2 year contract / ESN swap for about 20 mins -- but that's another story).

His prior phone was a Samsung w/ wireless web on Sprint.

After the CSR sets up his new plan w/ unlimited Vision and tells us to wait a few hours for it to provision, the CSR says:

"Okay, this is all set to take effect for the next billing cycle that starts on 11/24. The credit will be there, blah blah blah."

I say:

"Great! So Vision will work in a few hours?"

CSR:

"Uh, no... it starts on the next billing cycle -- 11/24."

Me:

"Huh? He had wireless web before... can't you just provision the Vision to start today?"

CSR:

"No, otherwise he'll get a big bill next month that we won't be able to fix. I can't change it here on my screen. Here's his new Sprint PCS email address (reads it off -- didn't even let him choose it). Vision won't work until 11/24."

Um... anyone have this same problem or get told by another Sprint CSR that they couldn't provision Vision until the next billing cycle? Vision won't provision on his phone *at all* -- gives an error number.

I find this odd, because I was in the middle of my billing cycle when I activated my Treo, and I was able to use Vision within an hour of provisioning (it provisioned pretty quick).
    They CSR has incorrect information. I bought my wife a VGA-1000 and activated my Treo 600 on the same day (in the middle of a billing cycle). Neither of us had phones capable of using the Vision service prior to this time so *both* had to be activated and provisioned. It took about 2.5 hours for my Treo Vision service to work after the phone was activated.

Call them back and see what another CSR says...

Kevin
  3.    #3  
    Thanks... I really hope I just got a bad CSR, because my boyfriend is currently LIVID about not having any data access on his early holiday gift from me.

I'm going to give it another try as soon as he gets back from BestBuy (he's out looking for SD cards).
    They CSR has incorrect information. I bought my wife a VGA-1000 and activated my Treo 600 on the same day (in the middle of a billing cycle). Neither of us had phones capable of using the Vision service prior to this time so *both* had to be activated and provisioned. It took about 2.5 hours for my Treo Vision service to work after the phone was activated.

Call them back and see what another CSR says...

Kevin
  5.    #5  
    Update:

BF had lengthy discussion with Vision CSR who said it should provision within 24 hours, and ignore what the activation CSR said.

We'll see.