Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok guys, help. I'm missing something. I have the midi. I can turn it into a file I need to send it to my phone no problem. My problem is once it is a pcb on my phone how do I find it on my ringer list or How do i import it into my ringer list.
    Originally posted by darkfox3
    Ok guys, help. I'm missing something. I have the midi. I can turn it into a file I need to send it to my phone no problem. My problem is once it is a pcb on my phone how do I find it on my ringer list or How do i import it into my ringer list.
    The PDB method didn't work for me, even though the PDB made it to my Treo 600. Try the IR file transfer method I listed in the message above if at all possible. Very simple, trust me.

John
    John
    once the pdb is on the treo you need tc ringer to copy it from the pdb to Midi Ringtones

Unfortunately, I don't have an ir port on my pc, so the pdb is my only other option...

if you have an ir port, then yes, it probably would be easier....
    Kind of a roundabout way, but here is what I did....

I copied the midis to a SD card, then put it on my iPAQ, then using my iPAQ I sent it to my Treo600. Worked like a charm.

The laptop method works just fine as well.
    I have spent hours trying to install new ringers to my treo 600, using different programs, downloading ringers midi files, converting etc, still nothing. Dont see the ring tones in my tel?
    Anybody knows step by step how to do it? Everybody seems to have a different opinion and so far it nothing has worked for me.
    OK, I followed the instructions and converted a MIDI file to PDB. They I hotsync and transferred it to Treo 600... An now? I cannot find a way to add it to list of ringtones. How to manage it?

TIA

DdJ
    I was able to transfer midi files from infrared or download them with PalmBrowser but after the new Treo firmware installation I get this error:
    "Error: Database: can't find"
    I think the Treo (or PalmOS) can't find any software to handle the midi file.
    How can I solve this problem ?
    You can also copy the ringtones (midi) to a SD card and access the file from the web browser. It's going to recognize the file type and ask you if you want to save them. After that, they show up on your ringtones list.
    I learned that , to get rid of the error "Error: Database: can't find" I have to delete my "unsaved preferences". But that means a lot of loss for me (some of my registrations, my games highscores etc...)
    Is there another way of fixing my unsaved preferences ?
    maybe deleting some keys in it ?
    any idea ?
    Listen to zehubert. this method works like a charm. when asked to connect your browser to the web say no. in the url space type file:///midi file name, and hit ok. it will find the midi file and ask you to save it. it will show up in your list of ringers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    Listen to zehubert. this method works like a charm. when asked to connect your browser to the web say no. in the url space type file:///midi file name, and hit ok. it will find the midi file and ask you to save it. it will show up in your list of ringers.
    This only works fine if you don't have a corrupt "Unsaved Preferences". But my "unsaved preferences" has the OLD sound manager as midi file handler.
    That's why the new sound manager (in the new firmware) can't handle the midi files.
    If I delete the unsaved prefs. it works. But I don't want to delete it. Is there a way to fix the unsaved prefs ?
    Tried typing the file name in, with and without the .mid and the browser still couldn't locate anything. Just gave me an error message.

stevo
    stevo4,

sorry, it should read file:///audio/godfather_7650.mid as an example of a midi file that I just recently brought into my ringtones.

Try this and it should work.
    does anyone have the old (prior to firmware 1.12release) sound manager ?
    I guess it may solve my problem with midi files.
    I still can't get midi files from infrared or web, because there is no application to handle them.
    I've found the answer at last:

"delete the app ToneHandler and all the Unsaved Preferences asociated with it (HsAH)"

Thanks to dragondefuego for this answer...
    I know this is an old post, but this is a great tip and it works fine with my Treo650. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jbeans
    *If* you have a Windows (XP or 2000) laptop with an IR port, by far the easiest way is:

1. Enable the IR connection on your laptop and the Treo
    2. Put them within range of each other
    3. Once they've linked, use the IR icon in your Windows systray to select the MIDI file and press Send
    4. The Treo will ask if you want to accept the file
    5. Say, "OK" and the file automatically goes into your ringer collection (with the filename as the ringer name.

I tried the PDB approach etc. If you have a newer Windows laptop with IR ready to go, I really believe that this is the most direct way to do it.

Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12