1.    #1  
    I would love to use Sprintpcs Voice Command to read aloud my e-mails from Hotmail.
    Is there a way to forward Hotmail to my Sprintpcs e-mail account?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    try a google search for 'hotmail popper'. it's free and I use it with snappermail to get my hotmail over pop3. also on the sprintpcs email site on the web I think there are options to get mail from other pop3 accounts. this combination might be a solution.
    I guess I am slooooowwww. Can anyone find the palm version of this prog? If so, can you post the link. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    If you're talking about the hotmail popper, yes, it's kind of confusing. It's actually a server program that runs on your computer. You can then enter your computer's IP address in any email program as your pop3 and smtp server and log in with your hotmail name and password to get your hotmail.
    Originally posted by dpuza
    try a google search for 'hotmail popper'. it's free and I use it with snappermail to get my hotmail over pop3. also on the sprintpcs email site on the web I think there are options to get mail from other pop3 accounts. this combination might be a solution.
    Could you please explain how you configured it for Snappermail. I read the info on Hotmail Poppers website, but it only explains how it works for PCs e.g. What do you do with the 1.5MB download

Cheers
    Gabriel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Could you please explain how you configured it for Snappermail. I read the info on Hotmail Poppers website, but it only explains how it works for PCs e.g. What do you do with the 1.5MB download

Cheers
    Gabriel
    Install that on your PC. That puts an icon in your system tray. Right click it and choose options. Set the top Address field to be your computers IP address.

Since I am behind a router and NAT I used my local IP (192.168.0.171) and had to set up my router to pass packets to the two ports listed in the options (110 and 25) to that computer.

Then in snapper or whatever pop3 mail program you are using, give your computer's IP address as both the pop3 address and the smtp address. Use your hotmail address (myhotmail@hotmail.com) and password as the username and password.

Yes its not the most user friendly or common sense, but it's the only thing I found so far that does work, and for free. If you know of anything else please share that information.

I actually paid for a similar program called pop3hot back when I first got my palm m505, but it looks like it's unsupported now and has been replaced with a new program that I'd also have to purchase.
    Thanks man, the only issue if I understand correctly is that my home PC needs to be constantly connected to the Internet.

Gabriel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Thanks man, the only issue if I understand correctly is that my home PC needs to be constantly connected to the Internet.

Gabriel
    Yep, ideally...

Not a problem with cable or DSL, but if you've got dialup, well... :-/