1.    #1  
    I was playing MP3s outside while I was raking leaves and the headphone plug kept on popping out. I kept on pushing it in. Well, after several hours of raking the headphones no longer work, the speaker doesn't work and there is a rattle inside the phone like the nut to the jack is off or a piece of the jack is broken and rattling around. To make matters worse when I plug in the headset, the speaker goes on! If I shake the Treo the speaker goes off. So it is definitely broken. No rings either.

I called sprint, they said to take it to a store. I called all the stores within 50 miles and they are out of T600. I told this to the sprint rep and she said she can't even order it for me, because it's not listed on her screen. She would substitute another phone if I wanted (Yeah right).

So I guess I will just keep calling the sprint stores.

But boy, this shouldn't happen to a $599 phone.
    i've got a brand new gsm version and the sound quality on the unit is terrible, sounds like the earpiece is distorted or blown...and i payed more for mine that you did for yours...

handspring quality sucks...always has, apparently always will...they use the cheapest components possible, i'm thinking this is going back and i'll get a p900...disapointing because i like other stuff about it...oh well.
  3. purpleA
    Originally posted by NADLER

I called sprint, they said to take it to a store. I called all the stores within 50 miles and they are out of T600. I told this to the sprint rep and she said she can't even order it for me, because it's not listed on her screen. She would substitute another phone if I wanted (Yeah right).

So I guess I will just keep calling the sprint stores.

When did these stores say they would have more stock of the phones? Also, did you ask them how many phones they had received in their initial orders?
  4. purpleA
    Originally posted by theevaluator
    i'm thinking this is going back and i'll get a p900...
    Easy for you to say. A lot of us here have significant investments (in both time and money) in PalmOS software that we can't simply abandon over a few glitches in the hardware.

Until Sony Ericsson releases a P900 equivalent with PalmOS, the Treo 600 remains the ultimate converged device available, in my opinion.