1.    #1  
    Hi, I decided to call NY Times over my inability to fund a decent online site for the times. Blazer 3 has a problem with the Times' regular site. If it resized it you couldn't read it at all, as it would be far to small and far to filled with content to see let alone rrwad.

However, it makes it into and endless column so filled with graphics and pics it is almost impossible to follow.

The only site for Palm or WAP units either give you a few sentences. The suggested Avantgo, but that gives you just a few articles, the ones it feels are interesting.

The Times make two implications: 1. that it was working on a site for online handhelds, and that it would not be soon.

They did come up with a very good compromise:

THE NYTIMES HAS A TEXT BASED VERSION OF THE REGULAR SITE. STRIPPED OF THE PICS, GRAPHICS ETC., IT IS VERY EASY TO USE AND FOLLOW.

PLUS IT HAS THE SAME CONTENT AS THE REGULAR SITE, GIVE IT A WHIRL AND SEE IF YOU LIKE IT. I FOUND IT TO BE THE PERFECT COMPROMISE!

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercen...xtversion.html

Let me know what you all think, take care, Jay
    PS I BELEIVE THAT YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE TIMES, WHICH IS FREE YOU JUST HAVE TO FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION THTA IS VERY QUICK. I HAVE BEEN A MEMEBER FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND IT WILL USE THE SAME MEBERSHIP NAME FOR BOTH HOME/OFFICE OR FOR THE TREO 600.

It is more than likely easier to fill out the questions on your regular computer. BLAZER 3 will rememeber your password with a cookie.
    yup...I've been using the text version of the NYT on blazer for some time. It works pretty well and it a nice workaround IMO. However, you do get routed to the normal site with all the graphics ocasionally...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I will, as you are continue to use it until they re- invent the mouse trap so to speak take care, jay