1.    #1  
    Ok, I just can't figure out for the life of me where in Ptunes you punch in the URL for a shoutcast, uh, cast? Throw me a bone?

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Sure thing:

- Open PTunes, and hit the "Choose Songs" button.
    - Tap the upper right corner and you'll have the choice of "palm", "card" or "shoutcast". Hit Shoutcast.
    -Click "new" and you'll be prompted for the URL. You can find the URL by going to the shoutcast site, downloading the playlist, and opening it with Wordpad (it'll have the xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx format).

-Even easier: you go to shoutcast on the Treo, click the playlist, and it'll automaticall download to pTunes. You then just go to "choose songs", "shoutcast" and pick the stream you want.
    I can't figure it out. I've downloaded P-tunes Beta v. 2.1b7--the only dropdown I have is Palm or my Card, but nothing about Shoutcast, although I've made several (apparent) successful Shoutcast station downloads.
  4.    #4  
    Bujin,

I don't have "Shoutcast", just "Palm".

I'm using 2.0.5 Deluxe, registered.

Do I need a different (beta?) version?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Originally posted by Bujin
    Sure thing:

- Open PTunes, and hit the "Choose Songs" button.
    - Tap the upper right corner and you'll have the choice of "palm", "card" or "shoutcast". Hit Shoutcast.
    -Click "new" and you'll be prompted for the URL. You can find the URL by going to the shoutcast site, downloading the playlist, and opening it with Wordpad (it'll have the xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx format).

-Even easier: you go to shoutcast on the Treo, click the playlist, and it'll automaticall download to pTunes. You then just go to "choose songs", "shoutcast" and pick the stream you want.
    Sorry... yes, you need the beta (pocket-tunes.com/beta.html).
    i'm having problems with shoutcast streams too - there is no option to select one from the "choose songs" screen - maybe this option is only available when you have an sd card plugged in ??

i can browse to various low-bandwidth shoutcast sites, click on the links and see all the right messages but ptunes always is unable to connect and keeps retrying every 10 seconds.

does anyone have an example of a stream that works ?