1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I found this little App and I think some of you could put it to some use. It just takes all your ongoings and consolidates them like PocketPC does. I believe Palm should have included this to begin in OS5. The name of the App is Today. I have mine mapped to my SMS key since we have no SMS, as of yet.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...5&prodID=38922
    Yep - Today 1.8 is great (and free)! I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to map it to a key (note - DON'T select the option "Map to Datebook" - it actually maps to the Phone key!). Finally, I realized that it automatically maps to the power key - everytime I turn on the Treo using the power key (the far right button) the Today screen shows up first. Really nice little app I was missing from my PocketPC days.
    Thanks much for that info!
    My battery seemed to drain really fast when I used this. Too bad because it was neat.
    For those of you that would like an enhancement to the Palm Calendar, Agendus offers a Today view. I don't believe DateBk5 does.
    I've just noticed that when Today 1.8 is running, when I turn off the Treo manually, it comes back on about 10 secs later. This bug might be the cause of the battery drain. Other than that - this thing is great!
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Go into the preferences screen of Today and unclick "Always Run Today". this should fix your problem.
    It took me over two weeks to identify Today as the culprit for my Treo 600 crashes. Whenever I'd turn off the screen, the wireless mode would turn off with it, meaning that most of my incoming calls would go to directly to voice mail. And of course, the phone would turn on automagically moments after I turned it off.

I took it into a Sprint store and stumped the technicians, who told me that I would have to wait several weeks before they had more Treo 600s coming in if I wanted a replacement (they're still sold out). That motivated me to methodically go through each program and monitor the Treo's behavior. I found that every time I would tap on the Today icon, the phone would shut off (the screen and the wireless mode).

I deleted Today, and it hasn't happened since. If disabling the "Always Run Today" preference works, more power to you, but I'd be leary about keeping Today installed period.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I had the same problem after I did a hard reset. Today had run just fine till I did a hard reset. When it was reinstalled It would crash the treo whenever it was turned on. I liked the app so much before, and stumped and how it could just stop working. I screwed around with it for a while and got it to work again. I did this by uninstalling Mirror (****ty app IMO), and installing Today to the SD card. Then I transferred Today to the Phone via copy. worked quite well and I amazed myself in the process. Tempermental little beast it is.
    "Facer" beats the heck out of Silver Screen and has the ability to display Today appointments and to-do's right out of the calendar of the Treo 600. I recommend it. Excellent.
    Originally posted by Daniel S
    "Facer" beats the heck out of Silver Screen and has the ability to display Today appointments and to-do's right out of the calendar of the Treo 600. I recommend it. Excellent.
    I downloaded Facer and it's pretty nice. Doesn't seem to affect my battery like Today did. Just wish it had 5-way.
    Hey, I love the Today program, but I have a question. I can't get the "e-mail" slot to indicate when I have new mail. I have both SnapperMail and the beta version of HS's mail that was just released. How do you get "Today" to show when you've got mail...anybody know?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I don't think Treo Alert Manager works correctly with Today installed. I have Alert Manager sound a tone every 60 seconds if I miss an e mail or call. With Today installed, the tones do not sound. Anybody else run into this? Thanks, Barry.