1.    #1  
    This may have been answered elsewhere, but I cannot find it.

I do not understand why I cannot just slip the SIM card out of my T-Mobile Treo 270 and into a "Cingular" 600. That's what I did when I got the 270 -- used the same SIM card as was in my Treo 90.

(Which happened to be the same card that came with an older Nokia Communicator )

I am rather hacked off at this delayed rollout. No one will convince me that Handspring didn't simply sell "firsties" to the highest bidder, or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Sim card in your Treo 90?
    Often GSM phones are "locked" to a certain carrier. I don't know whether or not this is the case with the treo. I wouldn't take a chance unless you can somehow confirm that the treo is "unlocked"
  4.    #4  
    The card *originally* came with a Nokia Communicator. It has worked fine since then in all the Treo versions.
    This has actually been discussed at length in a number of threads. According to HS reps that I spoke to, the Cingular 600 will work fine with a TMO SIM. The unit is not locked to the carrier. In fact a number of people have tried TMO SIMS in Cingular Uits that were purchased from sotres or through inside hook ups and report that both the GSM and GPRS are unlocked. I already placed my order for the Cingular version and I plan to use it with my existing TMO account.
    Originally posted by flipp
    This has actually been discussed at length in a number of threads. According to HS reps that I spoke to, the Cingular 600 will work fine with a TMO SIM. The unit is not locked to the carrier. In fact a number of people have tried TMO SIMS in Cingular Uits that were purchased from sotres or through inside hook ups and report that both the GSM and GPRS are unlocked. I already placed my order for the Cingular version and I plan to use it with my existing TMO account.
    Ditto....Besides the numerous threads, I've also discussed this with my Handspring CSR and confirmed that the unit is not sim locked. I plan to use the Cingular GSM with my existing TMO account as well.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by flipp
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto....Besides the numerous threads, I've also discussed this with my Handspring CSR and confirmed that the unit is not sim locked. I plan to use the Cingular GSM with my existing TMO account as well.

Same here. I ordered my "cingular" treo 600 on Nov. 3 and eagerly await its arrival (hence all the time spent on these boards). I too had the same experience. I spoke with multiple reps and none could convince me that the phone is locked. In fact when I pressed a rep, she admitted that if she were me (ie a T-mo user considering ordering a cingular 600 now as opposed to waiting for the "t-mo optimized" release) she would order now as well. Nough said. GSM is GSM. It will work. My big question is: is there any truth to the word "optimized"?