1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    It can be annoying. Any utilities to turn off this off?
    A piece of black insulation tape works wonders
    www.gsmworld.com
  3. PxT
    I'm working on an app that will let you control various aspects of the LED. Stay tuned....
    Cool!

Can you make it so that it stays OFF and only flashes when there's a vm message (i.e. coincide with the asterik)?
    Originally posted by PxT
    I'm working on an app that will let you control various aspects of the LED. Stay tuned....
    Great news... hope it will be configurable enough to allow a selection of on/off rates, colors (green or red) and type of associated events (SMS, VM, Calendar reminders).
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    A piece of black insulation tape works wonders
    GSM users could opt for duct tape to for that color coordinated look..

"Duct tape - The handyman's secret weapon. If the women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy" -- Red Green
    Bump.
  8. PxT
    Originally posted by stuartr

Great news... hope it will be configurable enough to allow a selection of on/off rates, colors (green or red) and type of associated events (SMS, VM, Calendar reminders).
    In terms of "rate", there is only one speed of blinking, so that is not configurable. Other than that the LED is either on or off. There are three colors: red, green & orange. The first version of the app will allow you to select a color (or none) for VM notification, as well as disable the normal "standby" flashing mode if desired. Other features such as SMS notification, etc will hopefully be added along the line. I hope to post a link to the app within about a week or so if time permits.
    Great App - Can't wait!

Anyway to incorporate blackberry-like technology - the light blinks when you have new unread messages in your email inbox?
    Originally posted by PxT

In terms of "rate", there is only one speed of blinking, so that is not configurable. Other than that the LED is either on or off. There are three colors: red, green & orange. The first version of the app will allow you to select a color (or none) for VM notification, as well as disable the normal "standby" flashing mode if desired. Other features such as SMS notification, etc will hopefully be added along the line. I hope to post a link to the app within about a week or so if time permits.
    Hey PxT,

Any progress on this app? I'm really looking forward to it...hope you're still working on it...

Heath
    Try TreoButler. It is a sharware app that I am trying at the moment, and allows you to disable the LED.
    Originally posted by kmwmtd
    Try TreoButler. It is a sharware app that I am trying at the moment, and allows you to disable the LED.
    i've read about treobutler and it doesn't fill my needs.

to be clear, i'm looking for an app that will change the color of the led when a message has arrived. i don't want to simply turn the led off. PxT was working on an app to change the led's color when a new VM has gone unchecked....
    Originally posted by hperry

i've read about treobutler and it doesn't fill my needs.

to be clear, i'm looking for an app that will change the color of the led when a message has arrived. i don't want to simply turn the led off. PxT was working on an app to change the led's color when a new VM has gone unchecked....
    Sorry. My fault for not putting in a quote. I was answering BD1's question about a way to turn it off completely.

I, too, would be interested in the ability to configure the LED to tell me alert-related stuff.
    Originally posted by stuartr

I want to be able to use it in lieu of a glowstick or strobe thingy at a club. Then cry as it flies out of my hand and shatters on the ground.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo

I want to be able to use it in lieu of a glowstick or strobe thingy at a club. Then cry as it flies out of my hand and shatters on the ground.
    Can you also make the app able to make the led into one of those survival beacon lights that can be seen blinking miles away in case I get lost at sea or something and turns the t600 into a flotation device if it becomes submerged?

sorry, don't mean to make fun, it actually would be a great app to be able to control the led!
  16. PxT
    Originally posted by hperry

PxT was working on an app to change the led's color when a new VM has gone unchecked....
    Yes, and I'm still workong on it, sorry for the delay. Just trying to work out some last-minute bugs, and then I'll post a link.
    Originally posted by PxT

Yes, and I'm still workong on it, sorry for the delay. Just trying to work out some last-minute bugs, and then I'll post a link.
    Awesome news PxT. Can't wait! Just got all four wisdom teeth out this morning so I've got nothing better to do than find useful treo apps!!
    Re: fun with flashing LED's, the latest Chatter (1.0.4fc3) has a fast flashing green when messages have been missed. No need to turn on the Treo anymore...

Marc