1.    #1  
    I have taken a new job that involves marketing and I already find Palm OS PIM wanting. Much better than a Day Timer, but I want this ability:

Calendar:
    Ability to select and enter a contact into the datebook. For example:
    12:30 Lunch
    1:00 John Smith (note)
    2:00 blah blah

In this example the contact (italicized name) would be a link. I would also be able to view a note that would describe our meeting and important info discussed (Yes it's already possible to add a note).
    But as I clicked on it, I would be taken to that persons Contact information in the Contact manager:
    John Smith
    XYZ Corp.

Mobile: 123-456-7890
    Email: JSmith@xyz.com
    Meetings/Appt. (new clickable feature) (I would like this ability added here).

If u click on the meetings/appt. button Palm OS would generate a list of all your past and future scheduled appointments in Calendar. Would like it to generate something like this:

Meetings/Appt.:
    June 6, 2003 - 12:30 Lunch (lunch is the heading of the note u made that day)
    July 20, 2003 - 1:00 Phone call
    August, 2003 - 9:00am -
    . and so on.

Now within this function you would be able to click on any of these events and POS would take u to that event in your calendar so you could review your notes about your meeting and what you talked about there.

This feature would help me to be more organized, efficient and better prepared for meetings.

Does this make sense? Anyone else like this idea?
    bump.
    I have been using this product for 5 years (previously known as Action Names). No need for me to list what it does, see for yourself:
    http://www.iambic.com/agendus/palmos/

_ The Road Warrior
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 11/10/2003 at 11:29 PM.
  4. AJB
    Tips & Tricks

Schedule those phone calls

When a name and number are all you need for a Date Book appointment entry, save time and use Phone Lookup! If the information you're looking for is already in your Address Book, all you need to do is open Date Book and tap on the line with the desired start time. Write in the last name of the person you are meeting with and tap the Menu icon (Treo ownersójust tap the date in the top left corner to access the menu). From there, tap Options and then select Phone Lookup. That person's name and phone number will instantly appear on your appointment entry line.
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)
    I use it and like it. You can download a trial copy of the program from Handango.

Go to the software forum of T|C and do a search for it ... lots of good info that helped me with my decision.
    Craig -

The contact history in Agendus does exactly what you're seeking. And, as an added bonus, with the Treo line, calls you place to contacts (even via the regular dialing program) also show up in the history of a contact. Yep, I'm talking separate from the built-in call log - so, as an example, I just now pulled up the history for a guy I had a meeting with yesterday, along with some other stuff - calls, to-dos, etc.
    His history shows:
    - a pending to-do for next week
    - the meeting entry (and associated mtng notes) for yesterday's meeting
    - the phone call (and LENGTH) that I placed to him as I was walking into his building
    -a past to-do (completed) from last week

So, to me, this history function is one of the MAIN reasons that I use Agendus, and have been using it for about 5 yrs now.
  7.    #7  
    thanks guys, i'm checking agendus out now.