1.    #1  
    UPDATE:
    So for some unknown reason my AIM software seems to be the culprit. I have had this software installed for 3 weeks and have used it several times, but once I took it out of the back up folder everything works again. I re-installed it and the problems returned. Can't figure out why the T600 decided to dislike this program all of the sudden....but at least it is fully functional again.

VERY ODD!

I have had my T600 for 3 weeks now. It has worked mostly flawlessly in that time. However over the weekend I noticed that I was unable to log onto the web or send picturemail. Each time I tried I got a "time out" error.

thinking that there must be an issue with the PCS servers I waited until today to give Sprint a call. On the tech's advise I did a soft reset of my phone.

well, after watching the T600 do about 10 minutes of soft reset looping, I performed a hard reset figuring that I can re-sync my data when I got home.

Well, here's the best part...any time I try to initiate a sync, the unit does a soft reset. It will not synch at all.

Now I have a T600 that I can't get any data back in and that has no wireless capabilities.

Excuse me while I go pound my head against my desk some more...
    Last edited by mjolnir2k; 11/10/2003 at 08:01 PM.
    Is it still under warranty? Can you make Sprint give you a new one?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular
    Is it still under warranty? Can you make Sprint give you a new one?
    Oh yeah, that's not an issue. It's just that now I have to go through the whole game of waiting for a new damn phone.

Sigh!
    There's nothing wrong with your phone. What's wrong is that you've got some damaged data in your backup folder (i.e. what HotSync transferred to your PC).

What you'll have to do, after a HARD reset, is place databases, a few at a time, back into your backup folder before you HotSync and in that manner figure out what the offending database is.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Interesting theory, but I have not uploaded any new software and the phone was working just fine up until 2 days ago, when it decided it did not want to enable PCS vision anymore.

I will give it a shot though.
    Better Still....Do a hard reset and set up a different user account. That way no info from your old setup will be re-installed...HTH

Good Luck!!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings.

Both of my Treo 600's (1st Rev. B; 2nd Rev. C) both had the same issue with regards to "soft reset" after performing a Hard Reset and attempting a Hot Sync.

I found that with a fresh (new) Treo 600 or after a Hard Reset the Hot Sync conduit "Cable/Cradle" may be missing. If it is (and it has been for me) I create a "Custom" connection telling it what I want it to do ie: Connect to PC, Via Cradle/Cable @ 115,200 bps.

After creating the connection, I tap the screen and voila. It syncs and all is restored.

This may work for you too.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  8.    #8  
    Problem mostly solved..see UPDATE in my first post.

Thanks for all the help. Great ideas that saved my sanity once again!
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had the same problem with AIM on my Treo 300. And the same solution. Eventually I installed another version of AIM and never had the problem again. The problem occurred when I left AIM running in the background, so I never left AIM without exiting the program.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had the same problem with AIM on my Treo 300. And the same solution. Eventually I installed another version of AIM and never had the problem again. The problem occurred when I left AIM running in the background, so I never left AIM without exiting the program.
    just adding a me too with AIM....I stopped using it altogether. Not as easy to use as on my sidekick, but if that is the only drawback I am doing pretty well. ;-)
    Were you using the "free" version of AIM (v 1.0 or 1.1)? Those were not meant to run on Palm OSs over 3. There is a version available for OS 3.52 and above...it's not free though. You can get it at Handango.

Ken
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I was using the free version of AIM. The odd thng was it worked fine for weeks and then just decided to cause problems.

Gotta love the magic synergy of Hardware and Software. It makes you nervous to install any 3rd party applicatons without sacraficing a goat first!

Thanks again for all the VERY helpful responses.
    If you do a search of the boards, you'll find that this freeware version of AIM is very buggy and prone to causing crashes - which can usually be fixed with a warm reset and deletion with a file utility. Hunt around.