1.    #1  
    Searched the discussion and didn't see this posted yet.

I read the recent threads about hotmail on the Treo, then came across the following on msnbc.com

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/...04.asp?t=CNTEK

As of Dec 5th Microsoft will charge $20 per year to access their MSN Mobile site. That includes Hotmail.
    I wonder how that will affect instant messanger services like Verichat and possibly Chatter?????
    Well, I'm not worried about this. There are a number of things to consider:

1) Verichat and Chatter don't connect wirelessly to MSN Messenger's servers.

2) Every time MS and others have tried to add security to their systems (as a few just did), the security measures are broken almost immediately by dedicated programmers.

3) If somehow MS managed to keep wireless users from using their service without paying a charge, either a) people will move away from MSN Messenger - exactly what is it's advantage over other services?, or b) they will pay and only those who have paid will be able to use those services over Verichat and Chatter.

Regardless, then, I think this is a non-issue. In the long run, after all, we will all be dead.

Marc
    Originally posted by mblank
    Regardless, then, I think this is a non-issue. In the long run, after all, we will all be dead.
    Happy thought for the day!