1.    #1  
    Sometimes i need to type information in a .doc but not continuously, meaning that i read a bit then type information in, the problem is i can set treo to shut off after 3 minutes only, is there no software or way to allow me to override that , something that would allow me to keep the treo on UNTIL i tell it to shut off. Also, after it shuts off in order to get back to the document i have to go find the application then the actual document, when treo turns on it always defaults to the phone app
    Originally posted by jancelet
    Sometimes i need to type information in a .doc but not continuously, meaning that i read a bit then type information in, the problem is i can set treo to shut off after 3 minutes only, is there no software or way to allow me to override that , something that would allow me to keep the treo on UNTIL i tell it to shut off. Also, after it shuts off in order to get back to the document i have to go find the application then the actual document, when treo turns on it always defaults to the phone app
    You sound like a new user. Welcome to Treoland and the forum. At this time, there is no way to keep the Treo 'on' unless there is a 3rd party hack out there.

What button do you press to turn your Treo back on? Press the power button (on top) to turn on your Treo and you should get back to where you left off.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I don't know if this will still work in OS 5 but but I use it on my 270.

Here is one option:

:shortcut: .3

Open a new memo:

Type the following into the new memo:

:shortcut: .3 without any spaces.

The :shortcut: is keyed under the "s" key

The text will then change to "[No Auto-off]"

This feature will disable itself if you perform a soft reset or just delete the memo.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone