1.    #1  
    Went to see the phnoe info again and POOF! It's gone. Yes you can still view it directly for now:
    http://www.attwireless.com/personal/...titleNumber=1#
    but if you don't have the direct link it doesn't show up in the available phones list anymore
    http://www.attwireless.com/personal/...?titleNumber=1
    $80 per month for unlimited data... is this really an option. I think I will stick with Sprint for awhile.

-DT
  3. purpleA
    Originally posted by DogtownII
    $80 per month for unlimited data... is this really an option. I think I will stick with Sprint for awhile.

-DT
    That's insane. Who's going to pay $80 when they can get unlimited data on Sprint for $10? AT&T must be out of their minds. Any chance they'll be matching Sprint's pricing?
    I was just at an AT&T store yesterday and their rep said that they would not be getting the phones. In fact the guy used to work at Sprint and suggested I try there.
    Originally posted by purpleA
    That's insane. Who's going to pay $80 when they can get unlimited data on Sprint for $10? AT&T must be out of their minds. Any chance they'll be matching Sprint's pricing?
    That's not much different than Cingular's horrible data plan pricing....

My guess is that both of them will have to do some major rethinking of data plan pricing if they hope to get (and keep) any Treo 600 users. ESPECIALLY with number portability so close.... Sprint and T-mobile have FAR better options at the moment and many customers will probably jump ship and go with them.
    I actually stopped in an AT&T store today for the heck of it while at lunch. I asked one of the employees if they had the Treo 600.
    His reply:
    "Not yet. We're actually getting a model enhanced for AT&T's network called Treo 660. It'll have the 850 GSM band on it to support AT&T's network and some specialized AT&T menus/features"

I gave alittle internal chuckle and informed him that the Treo 600 already has the 4 GSM bands on it already. I'm sure he felt kind of stupid when he realized he had a customer who actually knew something about the hardware.
    Treo 660 for AT&T...what a joke! What the hell are these companies teaching their employees.