1.    #1  
    Look what they did to a perfectly good Treo....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Well, they accomplished what they set out to accomplish - no one will steal it NOW.

Bob Duckworth
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Look what they did to a perfectly good Treo....
    Idiots is being way too kind!!!!

So, would this be covered under warranty or not?

If not, SeldomVisitor might not be too happy.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Yea, I was in a Best Buy and the screen on the unit I saw would not receive "taps" because the bracket holding the unit was on sooo tight it registered the pressure as a continuous tap, so nobody could do anything with it. They said it was the way the bracket was designed and couldn't accomodate the Treo 600 so they just "made" it fit. Looks like the people at the store you went to really made it fit.
    I got the guys at my store to put the phone in the same bracket that they place the PDAs in. They look like like little alligator jaws, but make it impossible to take the unit out, while not covering the screen. It grips the sides.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    LOL

ahhh..

Best Buy employees.

When bored, ask them a technical question and prepare to have your sides split!
    My heart goes out to that poor Treo.
    Nice of them to RUIN an expensive device like that.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Indeed Jaggery.

I was in that store last weekend and again yesterday and saw the same thing. Quite a silly way to try and sell a phone. I didn't see any Clie's, Palms or other handhelds in that condition.

While not all BB employees are clueless, those who decided to display this Treo 600 must have been on the "short bus" back in grade school.

Cheers to those at other BB's who thought ahead and found another way to display the Treo 600 without destroying the screen.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    LOOK WHAT THIS GUY DID: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...086#post274086

OMG!!! What's wrong with these people!
    Geez - calm down. First of all, it's his phone. Second, it doesn't look that bad. Third, if it meets his needs...

He'll have a heck of a time re-selling it if he can't get all the gunk off, and I personally wouldn't trust anyone's double-sided tape to secure a phone to my belt, but hey.