1.    #1  
    Just to put the review in its true context.

http://www.forbes.com/2003/11/10/cx_...ahoo&referrer=

Forbes really liked the Treo they reviewed. Phone was simple to use, as were e-mail and SMS. They loved the form factor. The only minor complaint was the size of the keys on the thumboard.

They even thought the $599 price tag was reasonable given what this phone does and what it can replace.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    Just to put the review in its true context.
    My guess judging by that statement is that you already read the other thread regarding this Forbes article. This thread hasn't added anything useful regarding it... it's just double posted now and more stuff to sort through on the forum.
    It's okay - the originator is a fanatic who, for some strange fanatical reason, feels the need to go out of his way to defend a corporate entity whose products he uses rather than merely accepting that no product is perfect.

It's okay - makes the world go round!

(and, since the moderators thankfully have not made their obscene forum splits mandatory, help with THIS forum diverge a little from "Ya got yers yet?"...)
  4.    #4  
    I did read the other post and realized that out of the entire review that was almost totally positive, the poster decided to choose the one negative comment in the entire piece and title the article on it. Someone has to dig deap and read the article themself to realize that the review was actually very good.

Is a fanatic someone who corrects inaccurate statements about a product he uses to make sure that people have the correct information, or someone who goes out of their way to find and/or derive negative comments about a product that he doesn't, nor will ever use . If it is the prior, guilty as charged.
    Last edited by lnichols; 11/10/2003 at 01:42 PM.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    I did read the other post and realized that out of the entire review that was almost totally positive, the poster decided to choose the one negative comment in the entire piece and title the article on it.
    Then why didn't you say that in the other thread like everyone instead of starting a brand new one with no new information? Purposely starting a new thread just because you don't like how the original poster phrased his is pretty inconsiderate and no better than a flame. Statements like "just to put the review in its true context" are merely meant as a jab, making you just as bad as him and his negative attitude. Plus it's just a pain for those of us sorting through the many threads here.

Someone has to dig deap and read the article themself to realize that the review was actually very good.
    I disagree... the post was practically nothing BUT the link, it wasn't too hard to find. And you didn't have to read more than a couple paragraphs of the article to see that it was glowing praise for the device and generally a good review. I highly doubt anyone going to that original thread would reply to it soley based on the title instead of actually reading the review (or even a small portion of it).
    Count me as one those people who just reads the titles of threads these days. There's so much unintelligent, useless crap in this forum these days, that it's painful to read a lot of the posts where people are constantly whining about the same stuff that's been whined about for 6 weeks now, or listen to SeldomVisitor who contrary to his own belief contributes little if anything to this forum. I purposely didn't read the thread that he started because I get tired of his constant negative dribble.

This thread on the otherhand I did read b/c the title peaked my interest. Thanks lnichols.
    So you're saying you'd never read a negative review of the Treo? That's awfully one-sided... I'd like to have all the opinions I can gather on a device (especially one as expensive as this) before I buy it. If I only read positive stuff then I'd have a rather biased opinion of the thing instead of making an informed decision. The title is what prompted me to click on the the original thread in the first place... due to the fact that it said Forbes. That was intriguing enough whether it was a positive review or not. I think your decision was more based on dislike for Seldom than for the title. Cuz plenty titles here are inaccurate, irrelevant, or confusing... yet may contain useful info within the actual post. This is in no way sticking up for Seldom since I don't particularly like his negative attitude either, I'm just tired of reading the same things over and over. It's probably a good idea to just drop it before Seldom comes back with more insults.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    already. All of you.
    No, I didn't say I never read negative stuff, but in this case I didn't read it because Seldom's always manages to make some negative aspect sound like a major thing. I read every post on here including articles before I got my Treo 600. The Forbes thing did catch my eye and should someone else have posted it, I might have read it, but sadly there are some users that I just don't read because they don't really contribute anything.

I agree that some posts may have useful information and that I do miss out, but the vast majority of the time the crappy titles are by people who don't seem to have a clue or haven't searched and are asking the same question for the 1000th time. The moderation of this forum as of lately has been poor and I don't have that much time to read through all the posts anymore so I use my own skim and filter and hope that I don't miss out on something useful. I don't have a problem with intelligent discussion over bad things about the Treo 600. I have one and I know it's not perfect. In this case, it's just another I'm sure it's just another thread where SV tries to make the Treo sound like a dud.

In this case, I think that lnichols is a poster that usually contributes good info, so I decided it was worth my time to read.