1.    #1  
    Hi;

Has anyone on the forum used DataViz Beyond Contacts program with the Treo 600. It's not on the list of supported hardware and I wanted to make sure that the dialing functionality works properly with the Treo.

Thanks.

Greg. :^)
    I don't use BC, but I don't <think> the dialing function will work on the 600, since BC creates a new set pf databases, rather than using the core Palm databases. And that, to me, was a deal killer for Bc as well as KeySuite from Chapura.
    To me, the core Palm databases are critical and used across many functions in the entire unit. I don't want to use any app that makes another set of db's.
    dialing properties work with Beyond Contacts just fine, except that the 5 way button does not work in BC.

You have to use the pen/stylus. But when you tap on a phone number it dials it.

Very nice !

There is a problem with not getting your email address's synced from outlook though.

Beyond Contacts only brings over the Full Name auto pick from the Outlook email address field.

this is a major bummer. I hope someone comes up with a fix for this.

Thanks for reading and see you out there !

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Agent Ann Arbor Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
    CORRECTION !!!! I now get my email address's synced over from Outlook 2000.

I had to re-enter the email address's in Outlook 2000 because any of them that pre-existed in Outlook Express before I installed Office 2000 were the trouble makers that did not sync over to Beyond Contacts.

I am bothered that when I create a new email and need to add address's from Beyond Contacts, the MMail program only accesses the built in Contact manager in the Treo and not Beyond Contact. Bummer !!!

Plus the D-Pad is not fully supported by Beyond Contacts.

Other than that I'm very pleased with Beyond Contacts.
    Hopefully future revisions will support the Treo 600 better.

Thanks for reading and see you out there.
    (734) 945-5626
    Originally posted by Loki Sunrider
    dialing properties work with Beyond Contacts just fine, except that the 5 way button does not work in BC.

You have to use the pen/stylus. But when you tap on a phone number it dials it.
    Actually, Beyond Contacts supports the 5-way just fine. Once you higlight your contact you want to dial, press right on the 5-way, a pop-up menu appears with all the phone numbers associated with that contact and you can pick which one you want to dial by pressing up or down on the 5-way and then in to select the number. No stylus is required.