Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I have a few question for the users of the Sprint version.
    1. How is the volume of the handset during calls?
    2. How is the sound quality for both users during calls?
    3. Did Sprint have any problems getting the voice part setup in a timely manner.
    4. What do like the most about the phone?
    5. What do hate the most about the phone?
    6. Are the problems that you have had mostly annoying or mostly major problems?
    7. Are most of the problems caused by the Treo itself or by Third Party Applications?

    Thanks for you help. I currently use a Sanyo 5300 that I hate due to the volume during calls is too soft. I want to replace it with the Treo 600. I need a quality phone first, but due to only using it about 250 minutes a month it would also be nice to be about to check EMail or look things up when not near a computer.

    Thanks again.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by kshockeyfan
    I have a few question for the users of the Sprint version.
    1. How is the volume of the handset during calls?
    2. How is the sound quality for both users during calls?
    3. Did Sprint have any problems getting the voice part setup in a timely manner.
    4. What do like the most about the phone?
    5. What do hate the most about the phone?
    6. Are the problems that you have had mostly annoying or mostly major problems?
    7. Are most of the problems caused by the Treo itself or by Third Party Applications?

    1. I have never had a problem with the handset volume. Usually I use the speakerphone function and people say it sounds great. The mic is pretty sensitive and can pick up you talking from a good 10' away. When I use the speakerphone, I usually hold the phone upside down (speaker and mic up) and get no distortion at all (obvioulsy, duh).

    2. See #1 ... no one has complained about the sound quality.

    3. I got my Treo 600 at a Sprint Store and it took them all of 5 minutes to get voice up and running and Vision provisioned. I left with a fully functioning unit (not much of a charge though).

    4. It is flexible ... it can do just about anything you ask of it. Keep in mind it isn't a laptop, so there are some limits ... but, wow, as a phone, pda, basic web and email device it is incredible. I use System SEVEN for my email and it even allows me access to one of my desktop folders (I picked the one I use the most).

    5. The keyboard backlight shuts off when you are using it. I don't understand this. If you are typing on the keyboard, then the light should not shut off in the middle of your email. I also wish more programs used the 5 way nav pad. Once you use it, the stylus seems so old fashioned.

    6. Knock on wood, no problems. Everything so far has worked as advertised.

    7. Don't really know ... my third party apps are designed to work on the Treo 600 or Palm OS5, so they all work pretty much as advertised.

    EM if you need anything in more specifics ... Tom
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by kshockeyfan

    1. How is the volume of the handset during calls?
    2. How is the sound quality for both users during calls?
    3. Did Sprint have any problems getting the voice part setup in a timely manner.
    4. What do like the most about the phone?
    5. What do hate the most about the phone?
    6. Are the problems that you have had mostly annoying or mostly major problems?
    7. Are most of the problems caused by the Treo itself or by Third Party Applications?
    1 - 3) No problems and satisfied with volumes using the handset and the speaker.

    4) It does EVERYTHING. Web, games, email, alarm clock, calendar, IM, you name it.

    5) That my fiancee hates that I take it everywhere with me. The backlight on the keyboard seems to come on and go off inconsistently. The lack of Bluetooth has prevented me from spending MORE money on a headset, so that could be good or bad, depending on one's perspective.

    6) Mostly annoyances, but far outweighed by the benefits.

    7) The latter.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by kshockeyfan
    I have a few question for the users of the Sprint version.
    1. How is the volume of the handset during calls?
    2. How is the sound quality for both users during calls?
    3. Did Sprint have any problems getting the voice part setup in a timely manner.
    4. What do like the most about the phone?
    5. What do hate the most about the phone?
    6. Are the problems that you have had mostly annoying or mostly major problems?
    7. Are most of the problems caused by the Treo itself or by Third Party Applications?

    Thanks for you help. I currently use a Sanyo 5300 that I hate due to the volume during calls is too soft. I want to replace it with the Treo 600. I need a quality phone first, but due to only using it about 250 minutes a month it would also be nice to be about to check EMail or look things up when not near a computer.

    Thanks again.
    1) Adequate.
    2) Sound quality is good for both users. I have found it acceptable. Just FYI, I owned a Sanyo 8100 and found the sound quality to be repulsive so I returned it within days. The T600's sound quality is far better.
    3) Mine was set up extremely fast. I called to activate it and within minutes I was surfing the web and making calls with my acccount.
    4. I love the form factor and the fact that it has a built-in keyboard. I like that it has PalmOS. I actually like the screen even though it's only 160x160, it is bright and crisp. Sprint's Vision internet speed is fast. SMS will be great once Sprint gets it next week. Also, you can view full web pages within the Blazer browser in native mode, which is extremely impressive.
    5. I hate the price! But I paid it anyway and I like the device the more I use it. Besides that, the ringer volume is not loud enough, and the vibrate could be slightly stronger.
    6. The Treo 600 has a now famous problems of not ringing on incoming calls and sending them directly to voicemail. I've already had this happen several times within one week of use. The cause may be due to an active Vision session, so turning off and turning on Wireless Mode may be enough to fix this, but that's annoying to have to do.
    7. The biggest problem, of sending calls to VM, is a Treo problem. The ringer not being loud enough is also a Treo problem.

    Overall: I would highly recommend the T600 if you are willing to pay the price. I'm a stickler and I return things for the slightest annoyances, yet I'm pleased. So my guess is you won't be disappointed.

    P.S. I'm coming from a Samsung A500, which was a great phone.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular



    P.S. I'm coming from a Samsung A500, which was a great phone.


    *Chuckle*


  6. #6  
    Originally posted by kshockeyfan
    I have a few question for the users of the Sprint version.
    1. How is the volume of the handset during calls?
    2. How is the sound quality for both users during calls?
    3. Did Sprint have any problems getting the voice part setup in a timely manner.
    4. What do like the most about the phone?
    5. What do hate the most about the phone?
    6. Are the problems that you have had mostly annoying or mostly major problems?
    7. Are most of the problems caused by the Treo itself or by Third Party Applications?

    Thanks for you help. I currently use a Sanyo 5300 that I hate due to the volume during calls is too soft. I want to replace it with the Treo 600. I need a quality phone first, but due to only using it about 250 minutes a month it would also be nice to be about to check EMail or look things up when not near a computer.

    Thanks again.
    1. Volume is pretty good....in loud environments I have no probs hearing or being heard. Prolly a lil softer than my old A600 but louder than the 5300 I had.

    2. Sound quality is pretty good. A lil squelching during speakerphone...but that's prolly cuz i had it up too loud.

    3. Voice was working instantly, like with any Sprint phone when being activated.

    4. I love the web and the speakerphone. It's really hard to narrow down specifically what I like, but I always missed having a speakerphone on my cell phone, and I wanted to be able to browse more websites.

    5. Hate? Hmm.....I can't use any downloaded ringers with voices (QCLEP or QCPs) and the downloaded MIDIs I have are too quiet to be practical. One thing I really liked about the phone was that I could download ringers, but it's almost pointless since I can't hear any of the downloaded ones. As a result I'm using the standard stuff now.

    6. The only problem that I've had was my Vision went out for about a week. The phone also spontaneously reset quite often. Since then I've had the phone replaced, and Vision works....no probs besides that.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by H. V. Ranch




    *Chuckle*


    hehehehe.............
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular

    1) Adequate.
    2) Sound quality is good for both users. I have found it acceptable. Just FYI, I owned a Sanyo 8100 and found the sound quality to be repulsive so I returned it within days. The T600's sound quality is far better.
    3) Mine was set up extremely fast. I called to activate it and within minutes I was surfing the web and making calls with my acccount.
    4. I love the form factor and the fact that it has a built-in keyboard. I like that it has PalmOS. I actually like the screen even though it's only 160x160, it is bright and crisp. Sprint's Vision internet speed is fast. SMS will be great once Sprint gets it next week. Also, you can view full web pages within the Blazer browser in native mode, which is extremely impressive.
    5. I hate the price! But I paid it anyway and I like the device the more I use it. Besides that, the ringer volume is not loud enough, and the vibrate could be slightly stronger.
    6. The Treo 600 has a now famous problems of not ringing on incoming calls and sending them directly to voicemail. I've already had this happen several times within one week of use. The cause may be due to an active Vision session, so turning off and turning on Wireless Mode may be enough to fix this, but that's annoying to have to do.
    7. The biggest problem, of sending calls to VM, is a Treo problem. The ringer not being loud enough is also a Treo problem.

    Overall: I would highly recommend the T600 if you are willing to pay the price. I'm a stickler and I return things for the slightest annoyances, yet I'm pleased. So my guess is you won't be disappointed.

    P.S. I'm coming from a Samsung A500, which was a great phone.
    I see conflicting posts - can anyone resolve them?

    Some say that SMS for Sprint is or will shortly be out. Others say 2004. Which is it?
  9. #9  
  10. #10  
    SHORTLY..... January 04 2004. That's if they don't change the date AGAIN.....
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by zipmitz


    I see conflicting posts - can anyone resolve them?

    So you expect every Treo 600 user will have the exact same opinions? Do you expect that four or five responses to your questions will distill the combined Treo experience into a perfect evaluation?

    This site has thousands of posts relating to the questions you've asked. Read them. But in the end, remember that everyone's experience will be different depending on their own expectations and the actual quality of their particular phone.
  12. #12  
    I thought the "conflicting posts" were with regards to Sorint SMS.
  13. #13  
    1. Works just fine

    2. Just fine...better than my P800 on TMO

    3. Yes, they programmed it wrong, took 2 days and a re-program.

    4. All in one device, very small, PalmOS, fast PCS Vision, able to use as a modem with little effort.

    5. Lack of SMS, I truly miss MMS, low ringer volume, can't use MP3's as ringtones, and yea...screen resolution.

    6. Well...none really!

    7. TreoSMS...for me it doesn't work.

    P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini

Posting Permissions