1.    #1  
    I am looking for some sort of a secure wallet / id / encrypted data storage application.

Some examples of this type of software (from what I can tell) are:

Ilium Software eWallet 3.1
    ProLock 1.7
    SplashID
    Keyring for Palm OS

I was hoping people here would have some experience with any of the above (or any other alternates).

Specific Questions I have:
    1. How secure is the application your using?
    2. Any idea what type of encryption the application your using employs?
    3. Does it offer any integration with your desktop?
    4. Does it allow you to store any type of written data - or do you have to use predefined categories?

Any other thoughts you have about this type of software?

Thanks for the help.

- Bluepixel
    Originally posted by bluepixel

1. How secure is the application your using?
    2. Any idea what type of encryption the application your using employs?
    3. Does it offer any integration with your desktop?
    4. Does it allow you to store any type of written data - or do you have to use predefined categories?

Any other thoughts you have about this type of software?
    I've been using eWallet for a few years and like it a lot. My version is 2.1, but I don't think that there are significant functional differences between that and a newer version. As to your questions...

1) Not sure what you mean, but I do have it password-locked. I've been fortunate enough to never have lost my PDA, so it's never been "field tested".
    2) It says "128-bit key RC4" (whatever that means)
    3) The "professional" version does. Very seemless integration with the DT version.
    4) It comes with pre-defined categories, but allows the creation of new ones as well as "free-form" card templates that allow everything that I've needed.

For a comparison on different applications for PPC, check out http://www.jenneth.info/archives/000049.html

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by satyric; 11/10/2003 at 10:28 AM.