Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I shouldn't be surprised both are arragant, annoying and negitive. Twins.,..how sad...dual negititivety....well in this case 2 negitives do nto make a postitive.

i do wonder why he/she is so negitive that he needs to screen names to bash PALM/HS & TREO? HOW SAD!!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tjd414
    If you want to dive into political debate ... take it to the Off Topic Forum.

I, and many others (I hope), thank you.
    I have no intention of diving into a political debate or any debate for that matter. I simply responded to an already existing political reference. Secondly, I could point out that you used all caps in your title. Doesn't bother me a bit, but some would say that it's the equivalent of shouting, so if you're interested in enforcing web etiquette, I'd suggest you pull the plank from your own eye before offering to remove the spec from your brothers. Not trying to pick a fight, but I am bringing to your attention that perhaps you should govern your own behavior before attempting to govern the behavior of others.

Back on topic...
    Last edited by iJITSU; 11/10/2003 at 07:33 PM.
    Originally posted by JTREOB

just in case your unaware of it, seldomright and purplex are one in the same.
    I've heard conspiracy paranoia is cureable.

But at any rate, what do you think of treo600 keyboard? is it really ergonomic?
    I do need to apologize because I was yelling ... my bad.

I just did not want to see another thread hijacked ... IMHO, Seldom makes a valid point.

The thumboard is not for everyone. I admit that. I chose it over a (it seems) million Nokia choices, Samsung, Sony or whomever else you wish to throw in the mix. I made the right choice for my needs. Others will make their choice.

I find it interesting that some people feel that this sole feature is what will make the Treo 600 succeed or fail. I just don't think it will. For those that want it, their reaction is 'Wow.' For those that don't, it's 'Ewwww.' In the big scheme of things it's not a big deal ... after all, it's just a phone. A really great one IMHO.

So Fortune said it wasn't their favorite feature, the rest of the review was very positive. Nothing perfect will ever exist ... if so, keep your eyes peeled for a Terminator v. Neo sequel!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Yeah, hijacked threads are annoying. I agree that politics should be dealt with in it's own forum, which is why I commented on the Bush reference (with my own political slant) and left with, "Come on, you didn't really expect no response when bringing politics into a pda forum, did you?" to gently remind that this is a pda forum. Guess I could have been more subtle and refrained from my own pot shot .

I agree that the Forbes review was very positive. Really, the comments about the screen and keyboard were the two major negative comments. I'm not sure how I feel about the keyboard yet as I haven't been able to really use it other than at a Sprint store. My Cingular treo will be here Wednesday, so we'll see. I've read the same comments as everyone else, and some love it, others do not. I think that the keyboard is probably at least as good as T9 and my guess is with practice, it would be much better.

I'm personally trying to decide between the Treo 600 and Samsung i600. I recently used the Motorola MPx200 and was impressed. I prefer the Palm OS, but the screen on the Samsung is better and I'm not sure how important the keyboard is to me. On the other hand, the Treo 600 is more full featured in terms of what you can actually do with. I'll have both in my hands before week's end and I'll be able to do a hands on comparison.
    Originally posted by Aransky

I've heard conspiracy paranoia is cureable.

just registered i see. how many names now sybil?
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/10/2003 at 11:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Aransky
    Any keyboard that is different from what you have used takes time to get used too. Same is true of full size keyboards. I remember when I went from a regular keyboard to a "natural" keyboard, it took a couple of weeks to get used to it. When I went back to a normal keyboard again it took a few days to get used to it again.

I have never used a qwerty thumboard of any type so using the Treo 600's did take a few days to get used, but I can now pound out e-mails pretty quickly. I can type using either one hand or both. While I wouldn't want to send out a large batch of really long e-mails with it constantly, I feel that it is very ergonomic.
    there are some interesting things in this thread, I would hate to have to lock it down. If you have an issue with a user that requires you to address them directly, use a Private Message, that's what they're for.

Any more flames, from anybody, and I'll shut this thread down, content or no.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12