Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    So I fire up my 'puter today and check my email.

    I see an email from Handspring regarding the Treo 600. Are they announcing the launch of T-Mo and AT&T GSM handsets?

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    Under the banner "News You can Use" they are selling software for a phone that the overwhelming majority of their target audience doesn't have, can't buy and don't know when they can!!!!


    So, friends, you can buy all sorts of stuff - games, mp3 players, document views, a ton of applications. Then you can unwrap them and look at them - that's all! Because you have NOTHING to install them onto!!!!

    Hahahahahahaha - a big joke on you!

    News you can use, it would seem, is WHEN WILL YOU START SHIPPING THE FRIGGIN THING????

    And, by the way, how sick is it to send you stuff to buy that you can only use with something that you CAN'T buy????

    These people are so dense, so thick, it's a wonder if they can chew gum and walk at the same time.

    And friends, if it hasn't occurred to you yet, they look at you as nothing other than a bunch of sheep to be fleeced.
  2. #2  
    PurpleX, is that you?

    ease up on the whining man.. it's just a phone.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
  3. #3  
    So, Zipmitz, I have read most of your posts detailing your negative feelings about Handspring and its launch of the Treo 600.

    My question for you: After all that has happened, are you still planning to buy a Treo 600 when it becomes available?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by heberman
    So, Zipmitz, I have read most of your posts detailing your negative feelings about Handspring and its launch of the Treo 600.

    My question for you: After all that has happened, are you still planning to buy a Treo 600 when it becomes available?
    Well, I look at it this way....

    My mother-in-law is one of the nastiest, digusting people I have ever met. But she produced a wonderful daughter who I adore the heck out of.

    So yes, I will buy their phone, even though I'd love to spit in their eye.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by zipmitz
    So I fire up my 'puter today and check my email.

    I see an email from Handspring regarding the Treo 600. Are they announcing the launch of T-Mo and AT&T GSM handsets?

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    Under the banner "News You can Use" they are selling software for a phone that the overwhelming majority of their target audience doesn't have, can't buy and don't know when they can!!!!


    So, friends, you can buy all sorts of stuff - games, mp3 players, document views, a ton of applications. Then you can unwrap them and look at them - that's all! Because you have NOTHING to install them onto!!!!

    I do have something to install it on -- a Treo 600.

    So, yes, there is an audience for the software. I can't help the fact that you chose a GSM carrier rather than Sprint.

    In about a year when the "next big thing" comes out ... things will proably be reversed and you will have the goodies first and we poor Sprinties will be required to wait for it.

    Just remember, you heard it here first!

    BTW, IMHO, it is so worth the wait!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by zipmitz


    Well, I look at it this way....

    My mother-in-law is one of the nastiest, digusting people I have ever met. But she produced a wonderful daughter who I adore the heck out of.

    So yes, I will buy their phone, even though I'd love to spit in their eye.
    I would advise you not to spit in your mother-in-law's eye.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by tjd414
    So, yes, there is an audience for the software. I can't help the fact that you chose a GSM carrier rather than Sprint.
    You know what came to mind when I saw the email is that when you put in your personal information when you sign up for the newsletter. It is the result of data entered after specifying carrier of choice etc....

    You think handspring could do a better job of targeting their emails, Treo 600 software for sprint users and information specific to each of the other carriers specific to their release or availability.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by heberman


    I would advise you not to spit in your mother-in-law's eye.
    Too late....
  9. purpleA
    purpleA's Avatar
    #9  
    Originally posted by zipmitz


    Well, I look at it this way....

    My mother-in-law is one of the nastiest, digusting people I have ever met. But she produced a wonderful daughter who I adore the heck out of.

    So yes, I will buy their phone, even though I'd love to spit in their eye.

    What's that saying about the acorn and the oak tree again...

Posting Permissions