1.    #1  
    No, I haven't done it yet........ But I am very tempted to.

Looking carefully at the bottom of the phone and in my electronics part catalogue it certainly looks feasible. All I need to know before I open it up is whether there is enough clearance on the circuit board for a slightly bigger socket... any pics of disassembled Treos out there ??

Cheers
    Gabriel

PS I am aware that it would f*** up my warranty.. but I've never had to return a PDA in over 15 years of owning them <touch wood>
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    No, I haven't done it yet........ But I am very tempted to.

Looking carefully at the bottom of the phone and in my electronics part catalogue it certainly looks feasible. All I need to know before I open it up is whether there is enough clearance on the circuit board for a slightly bigger socket... any pics of disassembled Treos out there ??

Cheers
    Gabriel

PS I am aware that it would f*** up my warranty.. but I've never had to return a PDA in over 15 years of owning them <touch wood>
    You will have to be mad even thinking about it.
    http://pc-mobile.net
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile

You will have to be mad even thinking about it.
    Well, life is too short to stress yourself over these things. I've got some excellent Bose headphones but they stick out too much using the adaptor and I can also discern a high frequency scraping noise every time the adaptor jiggles about.

Gabriel
    Fit a 2.5mm plug to your favourite headphones instead. A much easier and less potentially expensive mod...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)