Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Ok, this is getting really annoying! I've been trying and trying to get my Sprint PCS email on my Treo 600 through Snappermail and it's not working. First I thought it was Snappermail, so I tried another client and I'm getting the same error.

Here's the information I'm putting in:

Incoming POP3 Server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com

My Sprint PCS email address is "dsdxp@sprintpcs.com"

For the Username, I've tried:
    -dsdxp
    -my cell number
    -dsdxp@sprintpcs.com

For the Password, I've tried:
    -my general account password (that you enter at www.sprintpcs.com along with your phone number as the login)
    -my pcs vision password (that you enter when checking pcs mail after loging into the pcs account)

I've tried every combination of all those and nothing works.

I continue to get an error that states: "Invalid authorization. Check username and password. Failed to authorize to POP server..."

Am I entering something in wrong?? What is everyone else who uses Sprint PCS mail entering?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    anyone?
    As soon as I can get this into my phone, I'll let you know.

I'm not using SnapperMail, though ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tjd414
    As soon as I can get this into my phone, I'll let you know.

I'm not using SnapperMail, though ...
    Thank you. I'm pretty sure its not Snappermail because I've tried it on a few other clients (Eudora & Mailer). I think I'm just entering in wrong information, but I have no idea what would be wrong because it's actually right... I'm really confuised!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    I suggest you call Tier 2 TEch support (which sometimes is helpless) to have them reset your password. I had the same problem with my old T3 and they reset my password. Since then, no problemo.
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Go to sprintpcs.com, and then enter the webmail app. Go to "settings and preferences," I think that's the name on the link, and reset your password.

Use your full username@sprintpcs.com and the new password you just setup.

Done.

PS - I use my Adelphia (cable internet) account on my treo:
    - read from adelphia
    - send from sprintpcs with a reply-to of my adelphia account

I do this because one cannot "relay" through most provider's ISP if not logged onto their network.
    My PCS email works fine with Snappermail:

Server info:
    Incoming Mail

pop.sprintpcs.com
    username@sprintpcs.com
    vision password

Outgoing Mail:
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    username@sprintpcs.com
    vision password

You Vision password is different then your account or web login password. At least in my case.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I used my jkempster@sprintpcs.com id. I also used pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com. Both pop and smtp required an ID and password. The password was my sprintpcs vision password. The one I would type into the normal web page to login to my account.
    There are some menus on the web page about mail. Look under settings and preferences. I think you may have to adjust some of these to make this work. I think I read that the e-mail account kind of needs to be turned on first. The last thing I would try is use something other than the phone, like your PC or MAC. Once it works there it should also work on the phone. Good Luck.