Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It has been voiced several times on here about how slippery the T600 is. My biggest fear is dropping the thing and having it break.

I hate cases as they make my phone larger than I like, especially since I keep my T600 in my front pocket.

I went to the hardware store and bought 3M grip tape. It's the stuff you put on stairs, boats, trucks etc.....
    Cleaned the phone with rubbing alcohol and cut it to fit. now I feel like Spiderman everytime I hold my phone. A little rough at first on the fingers, but once you buff it down, it's perfect. It ain't goin' anywhere!!!

I then took my favorite Motorola Startac clip, ground it down flat, and stuck it to the back of my phone using 3M waterproof double-sided tape (red removable backing). Now I have a belt clip that stays with the phone, is durable, and swivels (with notches), if need be.

As soon as somebody comes out with a case that is extremely form fitting, I will stick it out with this arrangement since it works so well.

Enjoy,

Ayrow

http://www.ayrowstudios.com/phone-lt.jpg
    http://www.ayrowstudios.com/phone-rt.jpg
    HA! That's pretty inventive! Nice workmanship. However, I think I'ld rather use some type of rubber grip instead of that sandpaper!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Or you can get some Egrips for like 12 bucks :P

Egrips don't gum up (leave sticky marks) your phone.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    HA! That's pretty inventive! Nice workmanship. However, I think I'ld rather use some type of rubber grip instead of that sandpaper!

Actually, it has more of a rubbery grip to it than sandpaper. Like I said, you have to buff it down a little.

Ayrow,

You should be banned from buying/using any cool gadget. Shame, shame, shame.

The Handspring people had a reason to brag about the aesthetics of Treo 600... and you... you messed it up, man!
    Looks pretty cool to me. Good job.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hey Ayrow

Where did you get that belt clip?
    And how is it connected to the Treo? Adhesive?
    Interesting. And to whoever mentioned it being cool if it was a rubber grip, that sounds EXACTLY like my landline phone (by Motorola). I'll try to take a pic if I remember, but it has a ribbed rubber grip exactly the shape of the sticky stuff ayrow used... it'd be REALLY cool if somebody offered something like that for sale! I checked out the egrips site and their stuff seems a bit too flashy.

I had a Motorola StarTac with that same exact belt clip... heheh nice recycling there! I think I threw mine out years ago! D'oh
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gekz
    Ayrow,

You should be banned from buying/using any cool gadget. Shame, shame, shame.

The Handspring people had a reason to brag about the aesthetics of Treo 600... and you... you messed it up, man!
    To put it bluntly, Chill !

It's a phone that is slippery and is expensive. Handspring should have put rubber grips on the side or something. THAT is where the shame lies.

I only did what I thought necessary to prevent my "cool gadget" from being destroyed or broken. Trust me, it wasn't to look cool.
    I, for one, think that the grips looks pretty cool.
    Originally posted by Ayrow

It's a phone that is slippery and is expensive. Handspring should have put rubber grips on the side or something. THAT is where the shame lies.
    I agree 100%, and if I could be sure I could do as good a job with it as you did I'd probably go for it myself (maybe with a two-part "button" removable belt clip).

And IMHO the grip tape treatment ups the "cool factor" too...
    When in danger or in doubt ---
    Run in circles, scream and shout!