1.    #1  
    Hi everyone:

I'm heading to England tomorrow for a couple of days and would love to bring home a Treo 600 for use at home on a US GSM network. Does anyone have a recommendation on how best to do this? I've been through the archives and can't seem to piece together a great strategy that doesn't cost ~$1000.

Thanks!

Mathgeek
    I don't think there is an easy way. All the offers I have seen have a heavily discounted Treo because you are signing up for a monthly tariff with orange and there is no point you doing that!
    Why don't you just buy one from Orange at about $150 US when you sign up for the contract, then terminate the contract? I don't know what termination fees are in the UK, but if it's about $200 like in the US, you got yourself a Treo for $350.
    Originally posted by jaginger
    Why don't you just buy one from Orange at about $150 US when you sign up for the contract, then terminate the contract? I don't know what termination fees are in the UK, but if it's about $200 like in the US, you got yourself a Treo for $350.
    1. You have to sign a 12 month contract.
    2. You have to be a UK resident (resident means having a UK address) and have to pass credit check.
    3. You cannot use the phone other than with UK Orange unless you pay the 12 months subscription up front plus fee to get it unlocked.
    http://pc-mobile.net