Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Does the treo have anyway of showing if sms's are delivered through some sort of delivery report ??

Like in the Nokia commuicator 9210, it has a log that shows if sms's are delivered

Rgds
    bump
    Nobody knows, as Sprint doesn't have it up and running yet.
    Hi,

A lot of SMS centers will send you delivery report if you start your SMS from ! (exclamation mark). It works for me at Treo 270 but I wouldn't say this is very convenient.

Hope it helps...
    Apparently Sprint will be getting SMS by next week.

The date people have been throwing around is Nov. 16 or Nov. 17.

But this being Sprint, delays are the norm so I'll wait cautiously.
    Originally posted by Vorozhbyt
    Hi,

A lot of SMS centers will send you delivery report if you start your SMS from ! (exclamation mark). It works for me at Treo 270 but I wouldn't say this is very convenient.

Hope it helps...
    Hmm. Do you mean put an exclamation mark before the destination phone number (or email address), or as the first character in the message body?

I tried the former with Cingular, but without success...
    ! has to be the first character in the message body. Please try it for phone to phone SMS first, case phone to e-mail is a bit different story
    Originally posted by Vorozhbyt
    ! has to be the first character in the message body. Please try it for phone to phone SMS first, case phone to e-mail is a bit different story
    Doesn't work for me on Orange France.
    I would actually pay for an app that can show me delivery reports for my messages!

So, developers, do your thing!!
    Try putting 'RCT' as the first 3 characters of the SMS message. This certainly works on Orange in the UK - I've just tried it. It makes the message look a bit odd when you are writing it, but the 'RCT' is stripped off before the message is delivered. You get an SMS back with a whole bunch of info, but the important bit is:

statELIVRD err:000

(the above should be a colon followed by 'D', not a smilie)
    kmwmtd: I tried this to a collaegue, he just got the message
    "RCT testing".

I'm on KPN, the Netherlands.

I think someone just needs to write an app that uses HS-SMS and a separate statusreport. I would like to see the messages |I have sent, but that are not delivered yet in a box "Pending" or something!

I hope someone will pick this up....
    Hi

Every carrier has its own code (at the beginning of the SMS) to receive the DR.

This come frome the times when the phones didn't have the DR flag settable as an option in menu.

Just ask you Customer Service
    Ciao

Ettore