1.    #1  
    I'm sure many of you got the same email.

Basically it says the Treo 600 will be $499 from T-Mo... there is no upgrade discount through T-Mo (I emailed and asked).
    Plus, IIRC, you will have to extend your contract.

However, it seems that if you buy the T-Mo version through Handspring, you can get it for $399 (upgrade) and you DON'T have to extend your contract.
    http://handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

If any of this info is wrong, please post.
    When did you get this email, and can you post a copy of it? Did it say when T-Mobile will offer or ship?
    shf
    I got the email, too. It's ridiculous! You pay more than Handspring, AND have to sign a contract. T-MO sucks and I'm jumping to Sprint.

Dear Valued Customer,

The launch of the Treo 600 is fast approaching. I am contacting you today to
    confirm that I have an order form, expressing your interest to acquire the
    Treo 600 as soon as it is available. During the course of this week, I will
    be sending you that form to complete with all necessary information needed
    to proceed with the order.

Here are the latest updates:

* Launch is still scheduled for the week of November 24th.
    * The price point is likely to be $499.99
    * No rebates have been announced, however it is unlikely this will
    launch with a rebate.

Please feel free to contact me after you receive the order form back. I am
    sure you will more questions at that point.

Thank you for your patience.
  4.    #4  
    Lots of other people should have gotten this, too.

In pertinent part (direct quote):

"
    * Launch is still scheduled for the week of November 24th.
    * The price point is likely to be $499.99
    * No rebates have been announced, however it is unlikely this will
    launch with a rebate.
    "
  5.    #5  
    jaginger, can't we just wait to get the T-Mo version (or Cingular version, for that matter) direct from HS?
    Yeah, we can, but I was hoping for a little more from this "special opportunity." I've had plenty of problems with T-Mo in the past, but I was going to forgive them if they could get me a good deal on the T600.

Since they have failed me yet again, I'm done...I'm going to the dark side.
  7.    #7  
    I will wait... no doubt HS will offer the T-Mo version at the same time that T-Mo does.
    I received it also. Will wait for HS to offer it.
    Just curious, what triggered this email? In other words, how did T-Mobile know you were interested in this phone? Did you sign up on T-Mobile's website to be notified or what? Or was it the Handspring email notification that triggered this? Or maybe this was from the guys that were on this board selling for T-Mobile who were taking pre-orders?
    shf
    Grr, Grr, and more Grr! t-Mobile, in general, has been so good to me. They only thing they haven't been good about is phone purchases. Why does this have to be so expensive (especially if I have to extend my contract)?

And, more importantly, why didn't I get this e-mail? I've been hounding them as much as the next guy.
    This email was sent to the list of people generated here on TreoCentral by WeeBitObsessed several weeks ago for a T-Mobile contact that was going to try to help TreoCentral users get early Treos. At this point, it doesn't look like that list is going to have any advantage over anyone else.
    Just like mrbadtzmaru, I've had a good experience with T-Mo. I'm surprised they are not planning on offering any upgrade specials, especially with number portability coming into play around launch time. Unless they they get it out just after the portability date, they've got you locked in for a year anyway if they require contract extension. Hmm. Yeah definately looks like a no brainer for buying from HS.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I haven't heard squat from T-Mobile about the Treo 600. And, I know the regional sale rep! He doesn't even have any info on it. For those of us with Treo 270s, the best thing to do is to wait until Handspring offers the 600 on thier site at a discount. Sadly when that happens, I am guesing my $400 Treo 270 will be worth about $50. But, I'll have expansion, OS5 and a camera... all worth while!
    Originally posted by MrBadtzMaru
    ...And, more importantly, why didn't I get this e-mail? I've been hounding them as much as the next guy.
    Probably because you didn't get in on this....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...619#post245619
    Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Jeremy) - 11/10/2003 01:03 PM
    Dear Ms. Crumpley,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have been told we will be offering the new handset later this month. You will see it posted on the website once it is released. We have neither exact date nor a pre order list. If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    Jeremy
    Web Services

Customer - 11/10/2003 07:44 AM
    I have an account with you now and am very interested in getting another account when you (for my husband) begin offering the Treo 600.

Please put me at the front of the line to get one!!

Thanks!

MJ Crumpley
    you guys should be thrilled to get a treo 600 for $399 to $499!

the verizon geeks are so starved, they're buying samsung i600s for as much as $649!