1.    #1  
    still waiting for an unlock\t-mo version, but would like to know how is it as an mp3 player.

can you skip around (ff, rw, begining of the song, back to the previous song, next to previous song) using the keyboard? or do you have to use the stylus.

if I eventually replace my ipod with the treo, i think i'm going to miss the ipod remote the most.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    still waiting for an unlock\t-mo version, but would like to know how is it as an mp3 player.

can you skip around (ff, rw, begining of the song, back to the previous song, next to previous song) using the keyboard? or do you have to use the stylus.

if I eventually replace my ipod with the treo, i think i'm going to miss the ipod remote the most.
    The Treo with Pocket Tunes works great as an mp3 player. It has very intuitive controls like any decent mp3 application for your computer. You can skip around within a track, go back and forth between tracks, make playlists, etc. You can use the stylus but most controls are accessible with the 5-way dpad. Tapping left and right skips to the next or previous track while holding it down fwd or rwd within the track. Up and down raise and lower volume. And the center button pauses and plays.

The Treo is a very capable mp3 player but I wouldn't ditch your iPod for it. Even if you get a pretty large SD card, you won't have near the capacity that you get with your iPod. You also have to keep in mind that using it for mp3s will use up the battery and take away from your talk time. I find it handy if I'm waiting around or going for a walk. But I'm not getting rid of my MD player because the Treo just doesn't have the capacity or battery life that dedicated mp3 players have.
    I've got both. I mean, there's no replacement for the iPod IMHO. I literally have my entire music collection to take on the fly (which I do for both work setting and in my car). Unless they come out with a 40gb SD card! However, PocketTunes works great on the Treo. I keep some tunes loaded on my card so that I do have music available (and an extra set of 'phones in the briefcase). One of the big reasons I love my Treo - it just about does it all and I ALWAYS have it with me.
  4.    #4  
    I carry my whole music collection too on my 20 gig winpod, but find myself listening to certain playlist over and over.

I think I could live with a couple of sd cards of music and rotate as needed.

The power thing is a concern, but I will have the ability to charge at work (like I do now with the 270) so I may be able to handle the loads.

What I don't know is will I miss the ipod remote (even though it has been a big negative of the ipod). When it works it works. I'm on my third remote and since Apple doesn't make them anymore i'm sol when the 4th one goes (i bought an extra).
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just found out about this in another post in this group, but p tunes can be used to pull in streaming audio off of the internet. Course you will have to upgrade to delux p tunes ($15). Just did it and am listening to my favorite NPR station. Best of all, no SD card is needed. But the sound quality seems to be only around FM or AM. Great a $600 radio!

Just hope sprint understands me sucking up the network bandwith...
    Originally posted by volsfan0911
    I've got both. I mean, there's no replacement for the iPod IMHO.
    I have an iPod as well. Even though I have a 256 MB SD card, I see no need to play MP3s off this thing.
    Originally posted by leep80
    Just found out about this in another post in this group, but p tunes can be used to pull in streaming audio off of the internet. Course you will have to upgrade to delux p tunes ($15). Just did it and am listening to my favorite NPR station. Best of all, no SD card is needed. But the sound quality seems to be only around FM or AM. Great a $600 radio!

Just hope sprint understands me sucking up the network bandwith...
    You're crapping me, you can actually stream?? I'm surprised the GPRS connection fast enough. Whoa. That's awesome. I listen to a lot of Internet Radio, so this is pretty good...Another reason to go from ATT to T-Mo!
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Originally posted by ziphem

You're crapping me, you can actually stream?? I'm surprised the GPRS connection fast enough. Whoa. That's awesome. I listen to a lot of Internet Radio, so this is pretty good...Another reason to go from ATT to T-Mo!
    Yup, Pocket Tunes Deluxe streams Shoutcast. I don't want to start a CDMA vs GPRS debate, but Sprint's data is much faster. I'm not sure how the performance would be using GPRS.
    Originally posted by volsfan0911
    I've got both. I mean, there's no replacement for the iPod IMHO. I literally have my entire music collection to take on the fly (which I do for both work setting and in my car). Unless they come out with a 40gb SD card! However, PocketTunes works great on the Treo. I keep some tunes loaded on my card so that I do have music available (and an extra set of 'phones in the briefcase). One of the big reasons I love my Treo - it just about does it all and I ALWAYS have it with me.

Ditto that...The I have a 30gig GenIII iPod and have it packed with my entire CD collection.

I'm lovin' my new T600, but it won't replace my iPod.
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!