Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has someone been able to make this work on a Treo 600? I can't seem to get the program to recognize filed on my sd card, sd card reader, or the treo 600, no matter how I load the book. This is for pc-user

If so, please explain from the point I re-installed the correct version of the program onto my treo
    After you download your audible to your device, and to your PC...download your selection of book/subscription. To transfer it to your device, you must OPEN Audible on your Treo 600. You will hear a sound similar to that of when any USB device is detected on the PC. You will be prompted to Hot Sync the device. Hope this helps. I had the same problem at first. I didn't realize that Audible had to be open and showing on the Treo when you hit the hot sync. Once I figured it out it's been flawless.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
  3.    #3  
    I have audible open on my treo. I click the hot synch button. No program is downloaded. can't make it work. hmmm...
    I can't seem to get it to work either. I hope so. I am waiting but can hardly stand it. I MUST HAVE AUDIBLE!

<><
    mykul
  5.    #5  
    It's working. uninstall the program off your treo 600 and your computer. re-install. audible now has an option to download a treo version instead of palm. now it's working! yay!
    Originally posted by sparkky
    It's working. uninstall the program off your treo 600 and your computer. re-install. audible now has an option to download a treo version instead of palm. now it's working! yay!
    Wow, I wonder if this is an even newer version than the Sony UX50 version. Does the Display Off feature now work on the Treo 600?
    OMG!!! Audible is now FULLY T600 compatable!!!!

From within Audible desktop you have to add it as a new device (pick Treo, not PalmOne device).

It now will even allow for background playback! So you can listen to your audiobook and do other work on your Treo!!
    I am so excited. It works...it really works!!! I am so happy. I now have the ULTIMATE DEVICE. (-minus a 1.5gb cornice drive, bluetooth, wifi, HiRes, ptt and a decent camera)

I am so very happy!

Thank you Audible.com or Handspring...or both!

<><
    mykul
    I am so excited. It works...it really works!!! I am so happy. I now have the ULTIMATE DEVICE. (-minus a 1.5gb cornice drive, bluetooth, wifi, HiRes, ptt and a decent camera)

I am so very happy!

Thank you Audible.com or Handspring...or both!

<><
    mykul
    I was able to easily find the software on the audible.com site at http://www.audible.com/software/

I am curious - are you able to download straight to your T600 or do you have to download to your laptop first and then transfer?

Thanks,

Keith
  11.    #11  
    download to laptop first but it automatically sends it to my usb drive
    I just installed the audible player on my Treo 600. I did it in preparation for a business trip I'm going to be on for the next few days. I was looking forward to using my Treo to listen to books in the airport while I wait for my next flight.

When I tried playing a sample, it was playing out of the treo's speakers, not through the headset that I had plugged in. Is there a way to get it to play through the headset (and NOT from the regular speakers)?? Without it, the audible player doesn't do me much good at all.

Thanks

--James--
    As I discovered by trying to do the same thing, the audio from Audible.com or MP3s played over Pocket Tunes will only play from the T600 speaker unless you have stereo headphones plugged into the T600. You can either buy the $5.99 adapter from Handspring so that you can plug in any stereo headphones (or a cassette adapter for playing through car speakers) or buy the stereo headphones from Handspring ($19.99). I have both and they allow me to listen to Audible.com over headphones.

If you search the earlier messages you can find a technical explanation for the problem as part of a discussion of playing MP3s, but basically, if a headphone is attached that has a speaker you can talk into (like the regular earbud), then Audible.com and MP3 audio will only play through the speaker on the phone, and not the earpiece. On the regular earbud, you can press down the button on the earbud speaker and after a few seconds it will make the audio go through the regular earpiece, so in a pinch you could tape or clip down the button and then listen over the earbud.
    Arrgh!! I was afraid it would be something like that! I left the original ear-bud at home in favor of one I think is more comfortable.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to entertain myself some other way-- a magazine or something.

--James--
    Yes, the Handspring adapter works great. Another solution is to just stop into Radio Shack and pick one up. I'm guessing that wherever you're traveling you could easily find a radio shack...

Details can be found at this link:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=42643
    I have been trying to get audible to work on my t600 for over a week. The activation process fails regardless of the method or order. Tech support from audible is laughable.

Would someone like to share their step by step successful method of installing and activating audible.com on the treo 600?
    1. Install AudibleManager to your PC if not already there.
    2. Select 'Check for Update' from the 'Help' menu.
    3. Chexk the checkbox next to the Treo 600 selection and click the OK button.
    4. Go to http://www.audible.com and select the 'Get Audible Software' link on the left side of the page.
    5. On the next page, select the Palm option and click the 'Dowload' link.
    6. On the next page, select the Treo 600 option and press 'Next'.
    7. Run the downloaded installer to install the Treo 600 version of AudiblePlayer on your Treo and then do a HotSync.
    8. With your Treo still connected to the cable, start AudiblePlayer.
    9. Start AudibleManager and select 'Activate/Deactivate' from the 'Devices' menu.
    10. Check the Treo checkbox and press next. Once this process completes, it should work.

To transfer file to your Treo, make sure it's connected to the cable with AudiblePlayer running. Then, start AudibleManager. AudibleManager should automatically start 'talking' to AudiblePlayer. If it doesn't, select the 'Enable Communication' menu selection in AudiblePlayer. Then, just transfer your files as befor... no HotSync should be necessary.

I hope that helps.
    Thank you for taking the time to lay out the process. I followed it verbatim, again.

My problem is that when I get to the activate portion of the procedure I receive one of two errors; either "unable to connect to your treo(TM) smartphone device" or "could not get playerid", even when the treo is clearly connected, in every respect.

I now have an additonal problem. After uninstalling the software on my computer (dell 8200 inspiron P4 2Ghz 1Gb WinXP home) and my treo 600 (w/sandisk 512mb SD) and reinstalling the software, I can't download my books from audible.com! When I try to I receive this cute little dialog; "Can't find the size of the file c:\documents and settings...\aw_dhelper[1].adh, error = 2". So, now I can't listen to the material in any way.

Out of frustration with audible.com tech support (or lack thereof) I asked to have my account canceled. Apparently one may only sign up on line. To cancel you must call them on the telephone!

I travel continuously and was really looking forward to using their service. Oh well, maybe this will work with treo 670 or 700 or ?

Thanks again for your response.
    Anyone figured out if bookmarks are possible for AUdible content on the Treo? I can't seem to find a reference to these anywhere.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by giggsy
    Anyone figured out if bookmarks are possible for AUdible content on the Treo? I can't seem to find a reference to these anywhere.
    I had a problem with this at first, but discovered that Audible will automaticly bookmark the recording PROVIDED that the SD card is UNLOCKED. It seems to write the pointer onto the file itself.

Hope this helps.
    David
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast