Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I thought it might be fun to pass some time waiting for the treo 600 GSM and try to determine what treocentral discussion user (or other) is indeed at the top of the list as the individual who most wants a treo 600, is the most desperate at this point, has the best reason for why they need it before anyone else and/or at what lengths they would go thru to get one immediately. Obviously we all think this vote would go to ourselves, but a vote for someone else along with a vote and explanation for yourself would also work. Time to play....Treo 600 Most Wanted...
    That would be I
    I've had my Treo 600 for a couple of weeks (Sprint). I have until Tuesday to determine whether to keep it or not. I keep going back and forth. My question here though is WHY you are so anxiously awaiting your Treo 600? Are you just a gadget freak (I am) or is there something else to it?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Before I answer my motive. Initially, I have to vote for farzonalmaneih, weebit being a very close second if not tied for 1st. While weebit is very vocal about his affinity and want for the device, but, farzonalmaneih almost has a very subdued way about things, but deep down, his posts scream I want one now.
    I cant believe it has come to this...but this exercise is necessary to keep us sane.

mjj,

I wish I knew. It could be all the hype and reviews and emails from HS...but every indication I get is that this device is what convergence minded gadget freaks (I guess I am one) have been waiting for...I have read about, seen, handled it and need to have one of my own..and soon. I'm actually afraid that it will be a bit anti climatic when I actually get one. Recently my 180 died and Tmobile sent me a new one, just as the CDMA version was made available. Thinking the GSM was soon to be a click away, I sold the 180 to get proceeds to offset the cost of the upgrade. I have an old visor I am using for PDA functions now, along with a Samsung 225 with my tmo sim, so I'm not high and dry...but in a dual device world..and it sucks...maybe that has something to do with why I am on the Most Wanted list.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    weebit,

your prompt response a (2 minute post from my original) added a few points to my vote for you..to what end would you go to have one in your hands immediately? (I hope I'm not making this too painful..I actually feel better..for now)

I don't know who I'll be more happy for when they do arrive, farzonalmaneih, you, or myself. I'm thinking myself.
    Each one of you that wants it! WeeBit, Felipe, farzon ... you deserve it.

If HS had GSM units on hand & the GSM carriers (or Sprint) kept it from you ... they deserve all the abuse we can give them. Trust me, actions like this always come back to haunt them.

I have a CDMA version and believe me ... IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.

Just remember -- vote early and vote often!
    Originally posted by j$hort
    Before I answer my motive. Initially, I have to vote for farzonalmaneih, weebit being a very close second if not tied for 1st. While weebit is very vocal about his affinity and want for the device, but, farzonalmaneih almost has a very subdued way about things, but deep down, his posts scream I want one now.
    I cant believe it has come to this...but this exercise is necessary to keep us sane.

Hehe. Its true, I really want one. Probably the reason you hear deep down that I am screaming is because my current phone is barely working. I have a 5000 min a month plan for a reason . Its all ok though, its just a phone. Somehow the 600 is the device I have been searching for since the early 90's when I 1st addopted the palm. For many many years I have been dreaming of a device that converged my devices together. I thought the treo 270 was going to be it, but unfortunately I have already sent in 3 for repair. The number one thing I hope about the 600 is that its reliable and lasts.
    Originally posted by tjd414
    Each one of you that wants it! WeeBit, Felipe, farzon ... you deserve it.
    Thanx.

At this point, I feel I will be the last one to get one .

I didn't jump at the cingular "unlocked" phone, even though I was tempted.

Hopefully the t-mo model will ship as soon as it is available (the 24th: a reason to give thanks?) and not have a wait time like the cingular.

My co-worker keeps telling me that I wont get it to next year. His cousin's uncle's garbage man's sister's baby sitter said so. The *******.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Current Most Wanted:

WeeBit
    Felipe
    farzonalmaneih
    J$hort

Any notables?
    Well obviously I feel i was the most wanted, thus i purchased one for almost 1000USD

Had it for 5 days now got my companies telnet solution going (Mocha) a semi soluiton for remote control of pc (palm vnc viewer/ winvnc server* it allows screen scaling) the sms function is very nice makes chats between tmo sms users, mail (snapper mail, working through some bugs/issues) web (blazer, no login cookies) tried eudora web was mad fast but no graphics.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    $1000 huh?, that's too rich for my blood. I dont' think I want it that bad..I think my max is $500 if I had no serial # for the upgrade program.

HumP, were you a previous treo owner?
    Originally posted by j$hort
    $1000 huh?, that's too rich for my blood. I dont' think I want it that bad..I think my max is $500 if I had no serial # for the upgrade program.

HumP, were you a previous treo owner?
    no i came from the blackberry camp